HI =) looking for info on Napoletano...

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JaeNapoletano

HI =) looking for info on Napoletano...

Postby JaeNapoletano » 17 Jun 2011, 05:16

Hey everyone! So glad to find this site....I am hoping someone can help me as I've been searching for so long with no luck. My grandma was Concetta Napoletano born 1945 Campania (naples) italy. Her father was Alfonso Napoletano and her mother was Maria Cervicato Napoletano. My grandma came to the us sometime during the 1960's, married my grandpa and had my dad. I know she already had a daughter while still in naples who was adopted by my grandpa (my dads biological father) she died in 1994. I am looking for any information about possible siblings of my grandma, or any info on my great grandparents. Thanks in advance!

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: HI =) looking for info on Napoletano...

Postby johnnyonthespot » 17 Jun 2011, 14:09

Research will be difficult in this case because of the relative scarcity of publicly available records for such recent (by genealogical standards) events.

It would help if we knew your grandfather's name, date or year of birth, and where they resided in the US.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 17 Jun 2011, 14:19

Welcome to the website a couple things Jae did her father and mother stay in italy or come over with Concetta and daughter? Also where did they live in the states? do you have proof that she was born in Naples Campania? The reason I ask is Naples is both a comune (town) and a Province (like a county) or is it just word of mouth from family. There are avenues if you have the right birth town in Italy for records.

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

JaeNapoletano

Postby JaeNapoletano » 17 Jun 2011, 17:20

Hey! Thanks for the responses...
I am pretty sure only concetta came to the us (with her daughter). My grandpa did a family tree thing a few years ago but mainly did it from his side of the family (he is african american, but was in the military stationed in naples and met my grandma) I have contact with him, but don't talk to my dad or aunt (concettas first child) and my grandpa doesn't know much else. I have a copy of the family tree he made...and it says that they were married in capodicano (naples) italy on 12/15/1967. It says she was born in naples in 1945. So I'm guessing she was born in capodicano as well? It also says she gave birth to patrizia napoletano on 4/2/1966 in naples at the age of 20, so in order for her to have still been 20 in 1966, her birthday would have had to be after april. It also says she was the daughter of alfonso napoletano and maria cervicato napoletano. Also, it says at 24 years of ago she had my dad in san jose, cali. My dads birthday is sept.25 1969, so that's why I'm guessing her birth month would have to be sometime after april before september? She was divorced from my grandpa in san jose on 12/18/1983.
I never had a chance to meet her...as she passed in 94 and my dad sucks (haha) but I've been told I look identical to her and have always wanted to find out more so thank you all for trying to help me in this confusing journey =)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 17 Jun 2011, 18:36

I'm going to take a wild shot and ask if this is her:

Name: WARREN, CONCETTA N
Date of Birth: 01 May 1945
Date of Death: 27 Sep 1994
Age at Death: 49
SSN: 548-90-6859
Issued In: California
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

JaeNapoletano

Postby JaeNapoletano » 17 Jun 2011, 19:12

Wow carmine...you're good!
Yep I'm pretty sure that's her....my grandpas last name is warren and I'm assuming the n is for napoletano. How did you get that? Wow....thanks!

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 17 Jun 2011, 20:12

I searched the Social Security Death Index for Concetta's born 1945, died 1994. There was just the one. :)

With this information, if you want to make the investment, you can order a copy of Concetta's original social security application. This document may or may not give her full and accurate place of birth. See http://genealogy.about.com/od/online_records/a/ss5_request.htm

Regarding Capodicano, I can not find a comune or frazione of that name or the alternate spelling, Capo di Cano, nor anything remotely similar.

I also searched passenger manifests and came up short. As mentioned above, it is difficult to find records for the 1960's.

Something of interest?

Nevada Marriage Index, 1956-2005 about Concetta N Warren
Name: Concetta N Warren
Residence state: California
Spouse: Vincent Martinez Morales
Spouse residence state: California
Marriage Date: 3 Jul 1984
Marriage City: Reno
Officiant type: Religious celebrant
Recorded date: 6 Jul 1984
Recorded city: Reno
Book: 789
Page: 796
Instrument number: 78712
Carmine

JaeNapoletano

Postby JaeNapoletano » 17 Jun 2011, 23:51

That is interesting...I was told that her and my dad lived in puerto rico for a few years so that second marriage could be a possibility. Idk about the place in italy that you had trouble finding, that's what it said on this family tree thing but perhaps my grandpa got the name wrong. I thought it was campania, but then I saw that and thought I had it wrong. I will look into the link as soon as I get to a computer (right now I'm on my phone). That's a good idea...its very hard, finding any information on italy. I did a pretty good search from my moms side of the family a few years ago but I am close with that side so I had more info to work with. I seriously typed in lombardo and then belloti and found a million things of relevance right away lol.
I keep trying to search her parents but am coming upwith nothing. Thanks so much though, you've found more in ten minutes than I have in ten months ;) how'd ya get so good at this?

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 18 Jun 2011, 00:09

Maybe they where station or worked at the Naval base in Capodichino heres the link you said they met in the service

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... ichino.htm

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

JaeNapoletano

Postby JaeNapoletano » 19 Jun 2011, 04:54

Thanks marty .... ill check it out and let ya know how it goes!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”