Galante, Petrillo, Di Maria from Santa Croce del Sannio

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
italiangrands

Re: Galante, Petrillo, Di Maria from Santa Croce del Sannio

Post by italiangrands »

The initial trip from Santa Croce was to Jeanette, PA for my husbands Di Maria family members and they worked in the coal mines before moving to Michigan.

Picking up on Carmine Capozzi, would you know the names of his parents/siblings?

Guisepppantonio Di Maria, who married Teresa Capozzi,was the son of Angela Nicola Capozzi and Pasquale Angelo Di Maria.

Teresa Capozzi's parents were Maria Guiseppa D-Uva and Giuseppe Capozzi. I do not know anything about them.

Teresa died November 1931 and her husband,Guisepppantonio Di Maria, died January 1941 both in Santa Croce del Sannio.
BriHargan
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Galante, Petrillo, Di Maria from Santa Croce del Sannio

Post by BriHargan »

I have a great great grand parent named Desiderio Petrillo (born 10-13-1879) he and his wife Modestina Speno had my great grandma Christina Petrillo (born 1907) and she married my Great grandpa Samuel Di Maria (born abt 1895) Christine and Samuel had like 13 kids one of them being my Grandpa Sebastino Marion (my great grandpa changed his name to Marion after coming to America) and I think his actual name in Italy was also Sebastino and he named my grandpa after him, I looked at census’ and it shows my Great Great grandpa Desiderio Petrillo might have had a brother Domenico Petrillo (born abt 1866) because it said he was age 34 in the 1900 arrival document. one document showed Domenico Petrillo/Modestina Spino/her son Francesco Spino as arrival contact Desiderio Petrillo as “going to see my brother “Desiderio Petrillo”” and going to seems husband “Desiderio Petrillo” and “going to see my Father “Desiderio Petrillo” all in the same group with a * on the page. I also found a potential document showing Desiderio’s fathers name was Pietro Petrillo and his mom as “Fiorangela Petrillo” also my great grandpa Samuel Di Maria might have had a brother Carmine Di Maria but he might have been a Petrillo as that part i don’t know. Also Samuel Di Maria’s mom and dad on his marriage certificate was Michel Di Maria and Maria Cerrone. But I would like to get into both of their family trees as me and this threads user might be. to be able to add into mine on Ancestry.com and they were also from Santa Croc. Benevento Italy. If anyone has any info or links I’d like them :) brihargan@yahoo.com