Breakthrough - Gelardi / Gilardi Foa

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.

Breakthrough - Gelardi / Gilardi Foa

Postby paul.gelardi » 22 Jun 2011, 11:51

Guess what came in the mail today???? The response from the Vercelli church archives!!!!! I have been chasing teh birth records of my great-grandfather Giuseppe Gelardi (with an e) son of Cesare born 1830/1 in Brusnengo.

I've got in my hand the baptismal record of Giuseppe Gilardi Foa, son of Cesare, who was the son of Matteo [Gilardi Foa] and Prudentia Rosetta, and Teresa Bardone married name Gilardi Foa, daughter of the late (I can't tell if it's Francesco or Giuseppe--it's was corrected from one name to another) and the living Maria Romersa, born on the 12th of July 1831 and baptized in the church of St. Peter and St. Paul in Brusnengo. Godparents are Giuseppe Berdone, of the late Felicio and Teresa Romersa and Giovanni Battista Bardone, of this town, a farmer.

Now, note the addition of the Foa at the end. Can anyone throw any light on this addition of Foa? All my searches come up blank.

Thanks for any help,

Paul Gelardi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”