General Question re Ancestry.com

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
acartia
Rookie
Rookie

General Question re Ancestry.com

Postby acartia » 01 Jul 2011, 00:13

I have been looking at subscribing to Ancestry.com. I notice that "coming soon" are the civil records for the Toscana region, 1866-1936. That is my major area of interest on my Italian side. I know these civil records are available from the LDS Church, but I am getting a bit old to be driving 10 mile to the closest LDS library on a regular basis.I wonder if the LDS have sold Ancestry.com these civil records, as one would not think the record office`s anywhere would want another group going through their records? They also have new Australian records as well,which is of interest to me also. What I am wondering from the subscribers on here to Ancestry.com who are on the full package (about$300/year)are you limited to looking at only a certain number of records per given period?, or does one have unlimited access to their records? I am sure I could find it out on their site, but sometimes I prefer to find out from the users first.Thanks, John.

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: General Question re Ancestry.com

Postby adelfio » 01 Jul 2011, 00:53

I have full subsription it is unlimited usage for the international records if you have alot of records on ancestry its worth it..

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

acartia
Rookie
Rookie

Postby acartia » 01 Jul 2011, 03:45

Thank you Adelfio. That is great news. I thought there may have been some limit on their site for number`s of records looked at etc. It is mainly the eventual Toscana civil records coming on, that would really be of great value to me, and at about 6 bucks a week, it would be by far, the cheapest expense for my few enjoyable hobbies in my present retirement. Even though I have most of the Australian records that I believe I will ever find, there does appear to be some new ones(well at least they are on-line now).I will ask them when the Toscana records are expected to come on...hopefully some time this year. Thanks again Adelfio. John

acartia
Rookie
Rookie

Postby acartia » 01 Jul 2011, 04:18

Sorry Marty, I should have used your first name in my previous post, and not your username! Give me time and I will have caught up with everyone`s actual first name as distinct from their username. John

Return to “Italian Genealogy”