Sciarretta in Italy and Venezuela

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SciBirg

Sciarretta in Italy and Venezuela

Postby SciBirg » 28 Sep 2004, 12:17

Hi!

I am looking for my husband's family (living preferably) in Italy or Venezuela. The last names are Sciarretta and Marconi, they were probably (but don't know for certain) from the Abruzzo region (Teramo, Cerqueto, Fano Adriano area) in Italy and are now living in Chicago US, Venezuela, Italy and Norway.

I am interested in getting in touch with anyone that has info concerning these families.

First names that I know about are:

Sciarretta: Eliseo, Alphonse, Gildo
Marconi: Lucia

ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Sciarretta in Italy and Venezuela

Postby ptimber » 28 Sep 2004, 17:23

have you tried using telephone directories at www.infobel.com?? Venezuela is very difficult so if you feel that you must have information about your family please furnish every bit of information so that I can have my personal contacts in that country do some checking if necesssary. Peter

emiroirausquin
Rookie
Rookie

Postby emiroirausquin » 28 Sep 2004, 17:30

FYI,

In Venezuela the lastname sciarretta is spelled as Scarrieta, Scarrietta and Escarrieta.

Bye!

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 28 Sep 2004, 18:13

GOOD MAN EMIRO. !!!!peter

SciBirg

Postby SciBirg » 30 Sep 2004, 12:17

Thank you guys! I think I have found a living relative in Venezuela, he fits the description and the name is right, but I have a feeling these guys are filthy rich and will be way hard to get in touch with. I think I will concentrate on Italy.

I have found some leads in the Ellis Island database but they don't add up. The ones I found there all went to Pennsylvania. My husband's realtives have never even mentioned anyone of their relatives living in Pennsylvania, only in Illinois, so I am hesitant to take that as proof just yet. And if they didn't go to Pennsylvania they may not be from the Abruzzo region either. :P

I got Alphonse Sciarretta's death certificate but it only lists Italy as the birthplace so that is no help.

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 30 Sep 2004, 17:29

I got the impression that you are researching and are not organized or at least not conveying the impression that you are headed somewhere specific. In genealogy you work backward as the cardinal rule. Have you picked up the earliest immigrant ancestor in the USA yet?? By the way, the myth that surnames were changed at Ellis Island is just that a Myth!..,Surname changes took place aftert the immigrant entered the social fabric of the USA schools, jobs, and society at large. Surname spelling erros occurred on the manifest in the outgoing ports and just continued on here in the USA. Please let me know if I can assist in a menaingful way. Peter

GuessWho

Postby GuessWho » 31 Oct 2004, 12:32

SciBirg wrote:Thank you guys! I think I have found a living relative in Venezuela, he fits the description and the name is right, but I have a feeling these guys are filthy rich and will be way hard to get in touch with. I think I will concentrate on Italy.

I have found some leads in the Ellis Island database but they don't add up. The ones I found there all went to Pennsylvania. My husband's realtives have never even mentioned anyone of their relatives living in Pennsylvania, only in Illinois, so I am hesitant to take that as proof just yet. And if they didn't go to Pennsylvania they may not be from the Abruzzo region either. :P

I got Alphonse Sciarretta's death certificate but it only lists Italy as the birthplace so that is no help.

I'm very suprised you are confused about the Pennsylvania issue. Your husband knows full well that the Sciarretta's and DePitro's worked in the coal mines when they first arrived. They all lived in dirt floor shacks and worked together to make their lives better. After a short while they were able to save enough money to move to Illinois and start a better life. There was another family with us but after they betrayed our family and we broke off contact (it had to do with the purchase of my grandmothers house after the death of my grandfather). As far as Alphonse you need to remember our undle's name was Alphonse along with our great grandfather and grandfather. The spellings may differ slightly from the old world to the new.

My nephew, he has a right to know his family's history. B, it is critical that our family's medical history be passed on to him, there are many genetic problems he will probably not escape, none of us has. If you want I can detail a lot of what you are looking for and post it here. If you would like me to do this let me know. Please respect that although I am willing to do this I do NOT want to converse with "him", let him know that although he will always be my brother and there will always be love I don't ever want to see him again.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 31 Oct 2004, 14:39

SciBirg wrote:Hi!

I am looking for my husband's family (living preferably) in Italy or Venezuela. The last names are Sciarretta and Marconi, they were probably (but don't know for certain) from the Abruzzo region (Teramo, Cerqueto, Fano Adriano area) in Italy and are now living in Chicago US, Venezuela, Italy and Norway.

I am interested in getting in touch with anyone that has info concerning these families.

First names that I know about are:

Sciarretta: Eliseo, Alphonse, Gildo
Marconi: Lucia

Hi please let me know year of emigration and some other detail about Sciarretta Eliseo, why in my town ( I live in Molise region that in the past was only an region with Abruzzo and called Abruzzi) was an Eliseo Sciarretta, now died, old 80 and more... Eliseo is an rare first name in Italy, not used frequently... from many time are present in my town and many Sciarretta from my town are emigrated in USA...if you can know me other details, perhaps are possible to help you..
But are this record: Sciarretta Eliseo(mistaken Sciaretta Elisio) age 23 from Cori emigrated in 1905 and goes from Mancini Lauterio(probable Eleuterio) in Jusquehama (?)PA http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 2405090979
about Teramo province are many Sciarretta people that coming from Tortoreto(Teramo province) Giulianova(ditto), Morrodoro, Nereto, Sant'Omero (ditto) and from Popoli, Scanno, Sant'Eusanio, (L'Aquila province, Abruzzo region)...Montesilvano, Sant'Eufemia,(Pescara province)
Waiting, suanj

pcmagalha

Postby pcmagalha » 21 Nov 2010, 18:18

Hi,

Sciarretta's come from Brazil too.
My Grandfather was born in Teramo in 1890/92 and come to Brazil in 1902/03. He was called Antonio and his brother Generoso, and sisters Maria and Luzia...they was sons of Pasquale and Conchetta Sciarretta.
If somebody know more info that can put me in contact with my family in Italy, i will be very happy.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”