Speziale/Scardetta/DiVergilio/Ranieri/Santedicola

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
saccolicious

Speziale/Scardetta/DiVergilio/Ranieri/Santedicola

Postby saccolicious » 09 Jul 2011, 23:49

Looking for anybody with these surnames from the Pescara region in Abruzzi.

One of my g-grandparents was Carmella (DiVirgilio/DiVergilio?) Scardetta b.1896. Her parents were Antonio DiVergilio and Julia D'Amico. All born in Nocciano, Pescara, Abruzzi. She had three sisters Lucy Amicone, Maria (don't know her married name), and Josephine Morelli. I'm told they also had a brother in Austria, but I don't know anything about him.

Carmella's husband was Antonio Scardetta b. 1891. His parents were Vincenzo Scardetta and Rosaria Di Meco. All born in Nocciano as well. I'm told Antonio has a half-brother Biaggio Scardetta, and he had many kids, three of whom are Frank, Joseph, and Louise. Don't know much more about them.

My mothers father's father was Angelo Speziale b. 1885. His parents were Pasquale Speziale and Chiara DiMeco/DeMeao. All born in Catignano, in Pescara. Angelo had many siblings, Nunzio, Balesario, Luigi, Elvira, Donato, and Concetta. Only know information about Nunzio. But all of them except Angelo and Nunzio stayed in Italy as far as I know.

Angelo's wife was Maria Grazia Ranieri b. 1896. Her parents were Franco Ranieri and Elvira Santedicola (I have read that when Santedicola's came from Italy they shortened it to DeCola, but I don't know anybody). Her siblings were Donato, Paolina DeAngelo/DeAngelis?, Pasquale, Angelo, Elvira, Amina, Celestino (Tito), and Aurelio. All born in Civitaquana, Pescara.

Any information on these names from Catignano, Civitaquana, and Nocciano would be greatly appreciated!!
See my Pescara site: noccianogenealogy.wordpress.com

My areas of research:
Province of Pescara: towns of Civitaquana, Nocciano, Catignano, Pianella
Province of Avellino: towns of Montemiletto, Torre le Nocelle, Taurasi

Return to “Italian Genealogy”