Help with some information about Caserta

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
daniela.otaviano

Help with some information about Caserta

Post by daniela.otaviano »

HI,
I'm looking for people with the surname Octaviano or Octaviani that were born in Caserta.
My great Grandfather was born on December 18th ,1882. His Name was Giovanni Octaviani son of Giuseppe Octaviani and Giuseppa Di Stefano. His grandparents were Octaviani Di Octaviani and Catharina Russo in his father's side and Nicola Di Stefano and Giovanina Di Andrea.
I had no luck looking for them in LDS microfilms.
My Grandfather use to say that his grandfather was always saying that he lived close to the "carabinieris".
I have no idea about where were their headquarter at that time but I have a filling that this information can be really important in my pursuit for them.
Does anyone have any information that can help me?
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Help with some information about Caserta

Post by Italysearcher »

Caserta is a Province as well as a town. Many records for Caserta were lost during the WW2 and only those living in town after the war reconstructed there records. If your GGrandfather left before WW2 you probably won't find his record. The church MAY still have records although you have eough generations you should be able to access records before 1865 that are complete in order to complete your tree.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.