Help Find:Anna Morabito born Apr5 1941

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MANRAT1960

Help Find:Anna Morabito born Apr5 1941

Postby MANRAT1960 » 12 Jul 2011, 18:27

Hi, my name is Randy and I am trying to help my father-in-law locate his missing sister since WWII. Placido Morabito and his wife Maria Antonia Morabito (born Sposari), had 2 children; Benito Morabito, born Aug2 1938, Messina(my father-in-law) and Anna Morabito, born Apr5 1941. During WWII ,Benito's father died and his mother was killed in a bombing raid. Benito went with his mother's side of the family and as a young boy was sent to Cornwall, Canada to live with his Uncle.He was adopted and was renamed Joseph Carra. His sister,Anna went to live with his father's relatives somewhere in Italy we believe, and has never been heard of since.Please help us to find Anna and/or her family.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Help Find:Anna Morabito born Apr5 1941

Postby Italysearcher » 13 Jul 2011, 21:20

Request the birth records of both children from the town of Messina. Be sure to enclose soe photo ID and state your relationship. You father in law should sign the letter. Ask for extracts with notations. There are form letters on line.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

MANRAT1960

Postby MANRAT1960 » 14 Jul 2011, 01:59

Thanks for the advice.The birth records have already been obtained and they have no additional information. We received a letter from the Ambassador of Italy in 1991 stating that "the said municipality advised that the name in question was cancelled from their files for failure to locate following the 1951 census.

Harleygrrl
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Harleygrrl » 14 Jul 2011, 02:34

Hi MANRAT,
This seems obvious and I don't mean to offend but is this a possibility?
Salmeri Morabito Anna
98168 Messina (ME)
Via Citola
tel:
090 358033

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 14 Jul 2011, 10:57

MANRAT1960 wrote:Thanks for the advice.The birth records have already been obtained and they have no additional information. We received a letter from the Ambassador of Italy in 1991 stating that "the said municipality advised that the name in question was cancelled from their files for failure to locate following the 1951 census.

Hi, from this info, Anna Morabito in 1951 was no resident in Messina; it is a problem if Messina replied so...
if you want, maybe you can write a email to:

cronacamessina @ gazzettadelsud.it ( NO SPACES)

Messina newspaper "La Gazzetta del Sud"
http://www.gazzettadelsud.it/pag_ChiSiamo.aspx

if they can edit your request, in italian; who read the newspaper can contact you;
you can write ( if you want) so:
Spett.le CRONACA DI MESSINA-LA GAZZETTA DEL SUD,

mi chiamo..... ( your name) e sono cittadino canadese.
Scrivo nella speranza che possiate aiutarmi nel ritrovare la sorella di mio suocero, di cui non abbiamo più notizie dagli anni "50.
Spiego brevemente la nostra storia di famiglia:
mio suocero Benito MORABITO, nato a Messina nel 1938, è figlio di Placido MORABITO e Maria Antonia SPOSARI.
Durante la Seconda Guerra Mondiale entrambi i genitori morirono.
Benito fu mandato in Canada a vivere con dei parenti del padre.
Egli fu successivamente adottato e cambiò il suo nome.

Benito aveva una sorella Anna MORABITO nata a Messina nel 1941.
Dopo la morte dei genitori di lei non abbiamo più notizie.
Tramite l'Ambasciatore italiano siamo a conoscenza dal 1991 che il suo nominativo non appare nel censimento del 1951.
Non sappiamo dove ella sia.
Saremmo felici di ritrovarla o comunque di avere sue notizie, e grati se vorrete aiutarci pubblicando questa richiesta se possibile.
Grazie per la sensibilità, distinti saluti,
..............your name
...............your address
............your email

Obviously it is only a attempt, but, there's no harm in trying...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

MANRAT1960

Postby MANRAT1960 » 14 Jul 2011, 21:04

Thank you so very much for taking the time to help. I just sent the email request to the Messina paper as per your translation.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 14 Jul 2011, 21:26

fingers crossed!
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”