Info on surnames Zaccagnino and Rutigliano from Venosa (Pz)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aquamarine

Info on surnames Zaccagnino and Rutigliano from Venosa (Pz)

Post by aquamarine »

How do I get genealogical info on my relatives in Venosa (Potenza)?
Need birth and death years for ancestors starting with 1903 and going back, grandparents surnames Zaccagnino and Rutigliano.
arrivederci
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Info on surnames Zaccagnino and Rutigliano from Venosa (

Post by brujaojos »

aquamarine wrote:How do I get genealogical info on my relatives in Venosa (Potenza)?
Need birth and death years for ancestors starting with 1903 and going back, grandparents surnames Zaccagnino and Rutigliano.
Hi,

The Family History Center has microfilm for the town of Venosa, however, it goes from 1860-1809. Therefore, you are going to have to try to get as much documentation you can from the USA or wherever you are located first on your family and then try the microfilm. The link for the film is below.

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... 2C+1809-18++

If the link doesn't work, go to www.familysearch.org and then click on Family History Catalog and then click on place search and type in the Town you are looking for.

You can also browse the site to find the closest Family History Center near you. The Family History Center is run by the Mormom Church. They allow you to rent the microfilm for about $3.50 for 30 days. Just remember, the microfilm is in Italy.

If your family came to the USA, don't forget to get look him up in the Federal Census. The Census gives clues to when people were married, when they came to the USA, even states when they were naturalized.

Don't forget to obtain any document you can so that you such as death certificates. You need proof of names to bring you to the next generation.

Also, Venosa has an official website. The link is below. You can get their address off of it and mail them a letter requesting Birth Acts, Death Acts or Marriage Acts. Don't forget the letter needs to be in Italian and you should send two Postal Return Coupons with it. You can get the Coupons from the United States Post Office for about $1.75.

http://www.comunedivenosa.it/struttura_ ... uffici.htm

I hope this is all of a help to you.

Have a good one.
Trish
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum