Hiring an Expert

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
steinyj

Hiring an Expert

Postby steinyj » 24 Jul 2011, 00:16

I am serious about this. I honestly did not expect that when I joined this board that anyone would be able to find some information so quickly. Quite frankly, I am floored at how fast information was found. I feel a little guilty. I am really interested in looking at hiring someone to do this research for me. Not only do I want to go as far back as I can in terms of grandparents, but I also want to go sideways and find out who siblings are as I work up the line and then work down as to cousins as well.

I would be willing to pay someone to work this for me. Are there people out there who will do this for payment? And if so, where would I look to find someone who could work this for me. I know this, time is money. I have spent a lot of time putting together what I have gathered so far. It has been time consuming and a lot of fun. But I have realized one thing. I am not all that savvy when it comes to using the tools that I have out there. So any help on this would be appreciated.

The other part of paying someone is I am paying someone to do a job. So far, the people who have helped have been gracious with their time and I feel bad asking for more information. At least when paying someone, I can ask how it is coming along and expect that they will be working on it and not feel guilty. I hope this makes sense.

Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hiring an Expert

Postby Paolo47 » 24 Jul 2011, 12:10

Time is money. I have spent a lot of time putting together what I have gathered so far. It has been time consuming and a lot of fun. But I have realized one thing. I am not all that savvy when it comes to using the tools that I have out there. So any help on this would be appreciated.

Hello,
My own thoughts here. You are both generous and sincere, but it's not always about money.
Make sure to share your family information along the journey and use your time to help others with their research the same way the researchers on this forum have helped you. Problem solved.

Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”