I\'m locking for information about my family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Solicito la CEMLA directamente en BA? No hay ningun Lucano en Rotondella y pienso que el mejor cosa es de pe]solicitar un actoi de nacimeinto de su abuelo y ademas un certificado de estado de familia (certificato di stato di famiglia) una vez que conoce el nombre de su bisabuelo en Rontondella. Ufficio di Stato Civile es la oficina donde esribiria y www.italianancentry.com part 3 es donde conseguir cartas en italianos ya hecho. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Perdon www.italianancestry.com es el sitio en parte 3 hay las cartas para obtener documentos en Rotonodella. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Tento obtener informacion del registro civil en el lugar de pueblo?? Y la idea que es posible que el emigro a Uruguay priumera y despues traslado a Argentina es una posibilidad. (perdon el mal castellano) Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

P>S> cuando escribe pregunta si tienen informacion de su migracion hacia America del Sur. Quizas tendran informacion sobre eso. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Diego there are no records for Antonio Lucano arriving in Argentina. There are 5 Lucano surnamed persons with different first names. Go to Ufficio di Stato Civile Postale 75026, Comune di Rotondella, Provincia Matera, Basilicata, Italy and request a birth record for your grandfather. If you doi not have his birth date or year of birth you can estimate his age at about 1890 since he would only leave after the army service in Italy if he arrived when he was young and that is 20 years old. When you write go to www.italianancestry.com and in part 3 you will find form letters in Italian toi request the birth record. Include a self addresssed envelope and $5.00Euro by check or cash as you wish. The serviuce is free but you need their cooperation. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Lucano in the first line and MT in the thrid line a listing of 20 people and companies with the Lucano surname will appear. If you discount the comany names there are just a few people in a few small villages who are surnamed Lucano and have full addrsdses and telephone numbers. You may wish to consider wirting one letter in Italian and mail that one letter to all the people surnamed Lucano and ask them if they are related to you. Enclose a self addressed envelope and a US$ 1.00 for stamps to encourage a reply. This way you may find cousins you never knew. Peter NYC