Information about PANASITI Giovanni

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Nacho2893

Information about PANASITI Giovanni

Post by Nacho2893 »

Estoy buscando información sobre la familia Panasiti. En concreto Giovanni Panasiti. Él viene de Tripi, Messina. Giuseppe es el nombre de su hermano. Él se embarcó en Nápoles. El nombre del barco es "Duca di Aosta".

Cualquier información es útil

Gracias

Nacho :wink:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am seeking information regarding the Panasiti family. Specifically Giovanni Panasiti. He comes from Tripi, Messina. Giuseppe is the name of his brother. He he embarked in Napoles. The ship name is "Duca Di Aosta".

Any information is useful

Thank you :wink:

Nacho
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Information about PANASITI Giovanni

Post by Tessa78 »

Hello Nacho, and welcome!

We could use a little more information about Giovanni :-)
Approx. year of birth, place in US he lived, names of wife and children?
Approx. year of immigration to US?

Have found ship manifests for two Giovanni Panasiti - but neither is on the "Duca di Aosta"

Have one arriving 1907 on the "Cretic", age 34 and married; leaving brother Vincenzo in Tripi, Messina; and going to Brother-in-law Antonio Cosentino in Clearfield, PA

Have another arriving 1914 on the "Ivernia", age 24 and married; leaving vather Vincenzo in Tripi, Messina; and going to brother Domenico in Johnstown, PA

T.
Nacho2893

Post by Nacho2893 »

Giovanni Panasiti, lived in Mendoza, Argentina. He doesn't lived in USA. His brother Giuseppe too.
Giovanni had 14 year old when he arrived to Argentina.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giovanni Panasiti, vivía en Mendoza, Argentina. Él no vive en EE.UU.. Su hermano José también.
Giovanni tenía 14 años cuando llegó a la Argentina.
loriw

Post by loriw »

Hi Nacho:

My grandfather was Giovanni Panasiti born in Messina, Sicily in 1890 and he went to America with my grandmother. I didn't know when but they did live in Johnstown, PA and he had a brother Dominic. I wonder if it is the same family!! Some of his family went to Mendoza and I visited there with my grandmother to see his sister Candelora back in early 1960s!! Lori
Nacho2893

Post by Nacho2893 »

Hi! Lori:

Thanks for your answer, but Giovanni was a teenager when he came to Argentina. And he was not married. Also thanks for your answer. Nacho
rpanasiti

Post by rpanasiti »

Lori,
My grandfather was Dominic Panasiti who moved to Johnstown upon his arrival from Tripi at the turn of the century. They moved to Tyrone, Pa. My father is Anthony,Born in 1910,was a son of Dominic Panasiti and Santa Patti Panasiti. I met a distant relative of mine several years ago. His name was Alberto for Argentina