Antonelli and Vazza

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
aunts1384

Antonelli and Vazza

Postby aunts1384 » 26 Jul 2011, 04:30

Hey all,
I've been doing research on my Italian roots, but so far I've only gotten as far as immigration records of the Ship Roma in 1929. Carmella Antonelli is my great, great grandmother. She was born in Bonito in 1876, and married Phillip Vazza when she was young. They had three kids, Evaristino, Massimino, and Joseph (my great-grandfather). I've seen a few posts on here regarding Antonellis and thought maybe I'd take a shot in the dark. Help with the Vazza side would be greatly appreciated too, though. Thanks so much!

rancelli
Elite
Elite

Re: Antonelli and Vazza

Postby rancelli » 26 Jul 2011, 04:56

My Antonelli side comes from Castel di Sangro in Abruzzo. Looks like your family comes from the Campania region? I don't think we're related but my great grandfather was Giuseppe Antonelli son of Sabatino Antonelli and Teresa Gasbarro. My great grandmother was Francesca Colicchio daughter of Angelo Colicchio and Adorista Marino. My family moved to western PA in a very small town called Ellwood City.

rancelli
Elite
Elite

Postby rancelli » 26 Jul 2011, 05:17

As you can see by the map, the name Vazza is not a common name in Italy. I do see some around the area that you mentioned (Bonito). Type in the last name Vazza and you'll see where people with that last name live today. I found two Fillipo Vazza's at Ellis Island that say Bonito as their last residence.

http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html

jmtcal

Postby jmtcal » 02 Aug 2011, 19:23

I have Antonelli's on my side.
Donato Antonelli born 30 Nov 1870 is the son of Giuseppe Antonelli and Maria Antonia Fischetti from the Campania region of Italy.

malichimo

Postby malichimo » 20 Aug 2014, 03:46

I know this post is 3 years old but I also have my Vazza roots originating in Bonito, Italty. Did you ever get any more information?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”