Need help...trail still cold

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jantonelli81
Rookie
Rookie

Need help...trail still cold

Postby jantonelli81 » 28 Jul 2011, 16:17

Hello Everyone,

After my father's death last year, I did what I kept putting aside. I finally got serious about researching my family history, in order to preserve it and to feel closer to my roots. Thanks to much help on this site, I was able to fill in tons of gaps! Essentially all I knew were my grandparent’s names, and the region they were from in Italia.

I just returned from my honeymoon in Italy, and was accompanied by two family friends who have lived there and know there way around and how to speak the language. On our way to Position we were suppose to stop in my family's village, but we were running late, plans got derailed and put on hold until next summer :( There I was hoping to find out more.I have written a letter in Italian, to their "town hall" but never mailed it. I guess I feel I wouldn't really receive information in a way I would understand it. I understand their records are kept it Latin?

I would like to know if you all can recommend genealogists from this area to me, who can help me potentially find out some more information. I would love to return next July, with enough info, to potentially make contact

Here's What I know about my Grandfather

Donato Antonelli

DOB: 1894, December

Place of Birth: Sant Ambrogio Sul Garliano, Caserta (now the village is part of the Frisione region) Italy (listed on WWII Draft CArd)

Possible sibling Giovanni (Jon) Antonelli (1896)..listed as brother living with him during 1915 census.
Immigrated from the Port of Naples either in 1906-1912 ( lists 1912 as immigration year on cencus , so maybe 1906 ship's manifest was a visit here)

Came to Providence Rhode Island

Spouse: Met and Married Giovaninna DiFruscio ...De Fusco,....Di Furscio...(no one will agree on the spelling in my family)

Death: Smithfield Rhode Island 1977

**Giovanni Antonelli's wife, listed on his death record (Rhode Island before 1946) that his mother's name was Maria Messore and Father's name was Mauro (sp?) Antonelli. This is the only evidence I can find of Donato's parent's names, if Giovanni is actually his brother. That is were the trail goes cold and I would probably need to search for in Italy.

Sorry for the length of this! Hopefully someone can help! :D

Ciao,
Jenn

Link to this site about my search for Donato Antonelli and his Family
topic20104-15.html?hilit=donato%20antonelli#p149548

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Need help...trail still cold

Postby Tessa78 » 28 Jul 2011, 18:43

There I was hoping to find out more.I have written a letter in Italian, to their "town hall" but never mailed it. I guess I feel I wouldn't really receive information in a way I would understand it. I understand their records are kept it Latin?

We have translators here at the forum who could help you with understanding the information sent by the comune. :-)

Go ahead and mail that letter! :-D

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”