Surname Location/Origin (Bazzetta & Bottinelli)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RolandDeschain

Surname Location/Origin (Bazzetta & Bottinelli)

Postby RolandDeschain » 10 Oct 2004, 08:05

I'm trying to find out where the two names Bazzetta and Bottinelli originated from and where the families may have been living in Italy in the 1870's and 1880's. Any help with this would be much appreciated - thank you.

bazzetta

Re: Surname Location/Origin (Bazzetta & Bottinelli)

Postby bazzetta » 15 Oct 2004, 23:00

Hi Roland,
My GreatGrandfather Carlo Bazzetta was born in Cuggiono, Italy in 1871. Cuggiono is about 10 or so miles west of Milan.
Almost all of the Bazzetta families in Italy are in Cuggiono, Alessandria, and Omegna. There are a few in smaller towns in the same area. All of these towns are near Milan.
There is a handful of Bazzettas in a town in Central Italy called Pogginbonsi, although my spelling is incorrect here.
I don't know for sure the origin of the Bazzetta name, but I would like to. I have heard only unsubstantiated claims.
I don't have any information on the Bottinelli name.
Thank you,
John Bazzetta

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 16 Oct 2004, 01:40

In Italy all records are in the town of origin of the family you are interested in locating records. If you start working backward from the USA and perhaps go to ellisisland.org website you may come up with the town name if you do not already know it. If you do locate the name of the town then either get back here so we can advise you if the records are on micorfilm here in the USA or in the alternative assist you in obtaining record sin Italy. Peter

kix123

Postby kix123 » 01 Feb 2008, 04:04

My Bottinelli's came from Besano, Como, IT. The province is now called Varese, in the Lombardy region. http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.asp ... 1827231917 is a link to Giuseppe Bottinelli, my GGGF.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”