Seeking info on Cerverizzo family, from Teggiano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tcerveris

Seeking info on Cerverizzo family, from Teggiano

Postby tcerveris » 08 Aug 2011, 15:17

Hello,

I am an American citizen seeking genealogical roots on my Italian heritage. So far I have been able to trace my roots back to a Great Grandfather, Cono Cerverizzo 1855-1937, from Teggiano, Italy.

Via ancenstry.com family trees:
• I believe his father was Giuseppe Cerverizzo, b. 1832.
• I believe his mother was born Rachela DePaola, b. 1830.

I have suggestions without documentation that:
• his paternal grandfather was Rosa Maria Guerra, b. 1820.
• his maternal grandparents were Luigi DePaola and Cristina Zoccoli

I do have some earlier documentation that records earlier lineage of two men (one apparently father or grandfather) of Cono's paternal lineage that were known as Orlando (Roland) Cerverizzo. One, apparently, was given the honorific of "Magnifico".

I would be very grateful for any information or documentation that other amateur or professional genealogist might have. I also include a link to my family tree posted publicly on ancestry.com: http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/9481041/family

Many thanks,
Todd Cerveris
New York, NY

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Seeking info on Cerverizzo family, from Teggiano

Postby adelfio » 08 Aug 2011, 23:04

Have you documented your records with birth and marriage records from Italy and Family History Library microfilms or is it just ancestry.com records

Marty A
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

rallport

Postby rallport » 30 Sep 2011, 01:38

Hi,
I don,t have much info on Cono Ceverizzo.But he signed my greatgrandfathers marridge certificate in 1877 in Teggiano.He is listed as a possidente age 21.I have done a ton of research on teggiano and I see his name a lot.I have a tree on ancestry called Ancona.My g grandfathers name was emiddio gangone i have the marridge record on there.

Terry Ancona

michele68
Rookie
Rookie

Postby michele68 » 09 Oct 2011, 22:12

I am from Padula, near Teggiano..If you need, you can write me.
GENEALOGY SERVICES in Campania, Basilicata, Calabria regions, Italy

tcerveris

Postby tcerveris » 12 Oct 2011, 07:19

Sorry for the delay & thank you so much for everyone's replies!

Marty - I've just been using what records turn up through Ancestry.com info. I don't have any birth certificates earlier than that of my grandfather, Michele Cerverizzo - Cono Cerverizzo's son.

Terry - Yes, I've learned recently that Cono was a judge in Teggiano, and it makes sense that his name would be on birth certificates of that time period from Teggiano. I'll check out your tree. Thanks!

Michele - thank you for your offer. I'm not quite at the point of hiring out yet, but when I get there I'll be glad to have your contact info. Thank you!

Cheers all,
Todd Cerveris

Return to “Italian Genealogy”