Scaglione,Gargano, Fusco Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
RebekahFazackerley

Scaglione,Gargano, Fusco Family

Post by RebekahFazackerley »

Hi I am looking for information for the Scaglione Family who went to Glasgow Scotland. I have a marriage record for Frank (possibly Francesco Paolo) Scaglione and Mary (Maria) Gargano in Blythsworth Glasgow Scotland 23rd January 1914. Franks Father is listed as Ferdinand Scaglione (deceased) and his mother Mary Scaglione maiden name is hard to decipher looks like Mindatella?
Mary's parents are Stephen Gargano and Mary Gargano maiden name Fusco.
Any info on where these people originated from, when they went to SCotland or any other family history would be really greatly appreciated.
I am Ferdinand and Mary's Great great Granddaughter.
Many Thanks
Rebekah
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Re: Scaglione,Gargano, Fusco Family

Post by jamiecapaldi »

I am guessing Mary Scaglione's maiden name is Minchella.

Minchella, Fusco and Gargano is found in Atina and Villa Latina, Frosinone, Lazio, Italy.
Scaglione is quite a popular name all round?

At another guess was Mary Gargano's Mother - Maria Antonia Fusco born 1877 Manchester? If so, her Father was Antonio Fusco.
Also Stephen's Father would be Domenico Antonio Gargano and his Mother would be Antonia Valente - which is also found in the same part of Ialy.

Cheere Jamie Capaldi
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
PLACES: Cassino- UK, USA, Ireland, Canada & Australia
http://www.cassino-families.co.uk
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

I concur with Jaime, Fusco and Gargaro are found primarily in Villa Latina but also in Picinisco.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
RebekahFazackerley

Thank you so much for your info!!

"At another guess was Mary Gargano's Mother - Maria Antonia Fusco born 1877 Manchester? If so, her Father was Antonio Fusco.
Also Stephen's Father would be Domenico Antonio Gargano and his Mother would be Antonia Valente - which is also found in the same part of Ialy."

Yes this is the same person. I am very new to researching all this and am finding it very exciting so once again, Thanks.

Rebekah
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

No prob.
Maria Antonia Fusco's mother was carolina born Italy 1838, and Maria had 2 other sisters: Felicia born 1870 Italy and Teresa born 1873 Italy. By 1891 Carolina was a widow!
NAMES: Capaldi-Tedesco-Tamilio-Minchella-Verrecchia-Tomasso-Franchitto-Innelli-Arpino-Caringi-Colacicco-Macari-Pinchera-Salera-D'Orazio-Ambrosino-Di Mambro-Sigliocolo-Masello
RebekahFazackerley

Thanks Jamie!!

How do you know this stuff? Are you related to these people too or do you just love researching?
Where is the best place for me to find out more info on these people?

Many Thanks
Rebekah
jamiecapaldi
Master
Master

Post by jamiecapaldi »

That is the good thing about this site. You will find someone with connections or ways to help. I am not related, but have seen the surnames many times. (i do have a Minchella ancestor though!)

Goto my www.cassino-families.co.uk and look at the 'Useful sites' tab, that will help!
IMMACULATA

Post by IMMACULATA »

Hello, my name is Domenica and Francesco Paolo Scaglione was my grandfather. My mother was Immaculata Conceta his third child. He had a son Frank, daughters Antionette and Rosa Maria and of course my mother(Immaculata Conceta) Emma for short. On this very afternoon my sister Mary and I were discussing that tonight I would go online and try to find out some info about our family, the first thing I saw when logged in was your message! Sadly as you will guess our grandparents and parents are now deceased but it would be wonderful to be in touch with our mothers family. Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions and we will try to give as much information as we know about our families. Take care and hope to hear from you very soon.
Domenicax
IMMACULATA

Post by IMMACULATA »

:D
IMMACULATA wrote:Hello, my name is Domenica and Francesco Paolo Scaglione was my grandfather. My mother was Immaculata Conceta his third child. He had a son Frank, daughters Antionette and Rosa Maria and of course my mother(Immaculata Conceta) Emma for short. On this very afternoon my sister Mary and I were discussing that tonight I would go online and try to find out some info about our family, the first thing I saw when logged in was your message! Sadly as you will guess our grandparents and parents are now deceased but it would be wonderful to be in touch with our mothers family. Please feel free to contact me and ask any questions and we will try to give as much information as we know about our families. Take care and hope to hear from you very soon.
Domenicax
RebekahFazackerley wrote:Hi I am looking for information for the Scaglione Family who went to Glasgow Scotland. I have a marriage record for Frank (possibly Francesco Paolo) Scaglione and Mary (Maria) Gargano in Blythsworth Glasgow Scotland 23rd January 1914. Franks Father is listed as Ferdinand Scaglione (deceased) and his mother Mary Scaglione maiden name is hard to decipher looks like Mindatella?
Mary's parents are Stephen Gargano and Mary Gargano maiden name Fusco.
Any info on where these people originated from, when they went to SCotland or any other family history would be really greatly appreciated.
I am Ferdinand and Mary's Great great Granddaughter.
Many Thanks
Rebekah
IMMACULATA

Post by IMMACULATA »

Hello are you still interested in looking for relatives of the above?
RebekahFazackerley

Hi
I am really interested in learning more about the family. I have emailed you privately and am looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Rebekah
Ddrew85

Post by Ddrew85 »

Hi i am jus writing to see if any of you are still searching? I am part of a gargano family. My great grandad was dominic gargano. He married marion cameron. They had 6 children. I am just interested to see where my family came from and their history.
Robert ferguson

Post by Robert ferguson »

Hi there I have just came across this site and seen you post looking for information On Francesco Paolo Scaglione who moved to glasgow i think he could be my great gand father my gran was Immaculata Conceta scaglione known as Emma for short who married my papa Patrick Murray sadly both have past away now but have been suceded by 4 daughters and a son and lage number of grand kids and great grand kids still in Glasgow I few of the us still carry the Scaglione name on as our middle name as do my do my sons. I would love to here from you and hope that I could supply you with any information I can find out from my mum and aunts
RebekahFazackerley

Hi Robert and Ddrew85, I am still trying to gather together a family tree for this part of my heritage. I have had some contact with Domenica through this site and through email, who I am guessing is your Aunt, Robert. It is very exciting to find others who are researching his too. I believe Dominic Gargano was born in 1910 and his parents were Stephen and Antoinette Gargano nee Fusco. I am really happy to share what I have learned and would love if you could fill in any gaps or correct what i have wrong :-) I would love to see photos of the family especially to help my research come more alive. Feel free to contact me my email rebekah@fazaks.co.nz
RebekahFazackerley

Just thought I should clarify that my initial post is incorrect. Mary/Maria Scaglione's parents are actually Stephen Gargano and Antoinette Fusco - Married 10 October 1894. Making Stephen's parents Dominic Antonio Gargano and Antonia Valenti and Antoinette's parents Antonio Fusco and Annie Smith. It seems that Annie Smith became Annie Ponderella and had a number of other children. I am unsure if Antonio Fusco ever came to scotland or if he died or they separated, maybe someone could clarify this for me.