Help locating Gastone Pastor's relatives in Trieste

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bazinga

Help locating Gastone Pastor's relatives in Trieste

Postby bazinga » 19 Aug 2011, 12:23

My surname is Pastor and my father was born in Trieste, Italy in 1934. his name was Gastone Pastor. I known nothing about my father because my parents divorced when I was 5 years old. I never saw him again. I am the last of my kind in Australia and I was wondering if I have any distant relatives left in Trieste. Can any one help me in this?

Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help locating Gastone Pastor's relatives in Trieste

Postby Paolo47 » 19 Aug 2011, 22:59

Hello :D
There are nine Pastors listed in the Italian white Pages....
http://tinyurl.com/3zgk9z9

Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 19 Aug 2011, 23:13

And 14 Pastore's in Trieste:

http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi?ts=101&qs=pastore&dv=Trieste&of=86294&btt=1&om=0&td=2&l=en

Do you know with certainty that the Pastor spelling is original? It may well be an anglicized version of Pastore.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Postby johnnyonthespot » 19 Aug 2011, 23:38

By the way, are you absolutely certain of Gastone's birth date?

Go to the National Archives of Australia site, http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch/index.aspx

Click Search Now and put 'pastor gastone' in the Keywords box, then click the Search button.

Both of the found records are of the alien registration type. I cannot promise, but I would imagine they would contain information such as exact birthplace, parents names, and so on. For each record, click the "Request Copy" link at the upper-right of the screen for details and cost information.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)

bazinga

Postby bazinga » 20 Aug 2011, 03:31

Thanks for that information. Yes I am sure about the spelling. I have been informed that northern Italian surnames do not necessarily end in a vowel. Also I known that my grandmother's surname was Germech. I have know idea about its origins. Regards

Return to “Italian Genealogy”