Looking for my sisiter

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Looking for my sisiter

Postby gxk459 » 23 Aug 2011, 21:39

I have posted before ,but I am still trying to find my sisiter- I feel that she was adopted back in 1949- how do I look for adoption records or who do I write to- I keep hitting brick walls- she was born February 5,1948 and placed with an orphanage in Naples Italy-Maria Rubelli was her given name at birth by my mother Anna Luciano
Any help would be appreciated-Thank you

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Looking for my sisiter

Postby Bette » 24 Aug 2011, 04:22

You don't mention if you expect to find her in Italy. Fortunately women in Italy retain their maiden names (it's their legal name). Have you looked in the Italian White Pages on line? There is a listing there. Just enter the surname and then the first name; leave the locality blank; hit search.

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for my sisiter

Postby gxk459 » 25 Aug 2011, 14:44

Thank you- I have tried already-not the one I just found out within this past year about her- My mom said her mother made her give her up- my mother tried to find out about her after she came here to America and all she was told was that she was in an orphanage- so I have no idea if she is still there -I jst donot know what to dou

Return to “Italian Genealogy”