Joseph R. Tanzillo, NY. Help. please?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rosana

Joseph R. Tanzillo, NY. Help. please?

Post by Rosana »

Hello,

I am searching for Joseph R. Tanzillo, from NY. I am trying to help my cousin from Germany, André Schaller and he is Mr. Tanzillo's grandson.
Joseph R. Tanzillo served in Germany during WW2, he was born 27/28 of January 1923/1924 .... sorry but his German grandmother could not remember exactly all the dates. They met in Germany while she was living in Frankfurt from 1945 to 1946.
Mr. Tanzillo would be 86 or 87 years old.

His address at that time was:

443 Benedict Ave.
Glenville. Tarrytown
New York

I am also in the process of getting a picture from those times. Hopefully I will be able to post it here too.
My cousin would love to meet his grandfather and family. Any help regarding this search would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rosana.
“I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”
Leonardo da Vinci
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Joseph R. Tanzillo, NY. Help. please?

Post by pink67 »

Hi Rosana,

you can use this free site to search the SSDI:

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/

you'll see that Mr. Tanzillo died on 2001...

This site may be helpful too:

http://www.fultonhistory.com/

Laura
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Some of the people listed here http://www.whitepages.com/dir/tarrytown-ny/tanzillo might easily be relatives of the late Joseph Tanzillo.

Sleepy Hollow is just minutes from Tarrytown; Hawthorne only a few minutes more.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

The Filomena listed in Sleepy Hollow (previous post) may be Joseph's widow...

TANZILLO, JOSEPH R. - Joseph R. Tanzillo of Sleepy Hollow, died December 18, 2001. He was 77. Mr. Tanzillo was born January 28, 1924 in Tarrytown to Nicholas and Josephine Napolitano Tanzillo. He attended Tarrytown Schools and went on to serve in the US Army during WW II. He was awarded the American Service Medal; the European African Middle Eastern Service Medal, the Good Conduct Medal and the World War II Victory Medal. On November 10, 1946 he married Filomena Passariello in Immaculate Conception Church. For 44 years, Joe worked as a crane operator for the Weyerhauser Company. Joe was a life active member of Union Hose Co. #2 of the Sleepy Hollow Volunteer Fire Department, the Sleepy Hollow Seniors and Teamsters Union Local 456. He was an avid golfer and bowler and loved the trips to Atlantic City. Joe is survived by Filomena, his wife of 55 years, his brother Pat of Hawthorne and sister Rose Reno of Florida as well as many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his sister Louise Vespa and brothers Nicholas and Michael Tanzillo. Visitation will be at Coffey Funeral Home on Thursday from 2-4 and 7-9 pm. His funeral mass will be at Immaculate Conception Church on Friday at 11 am. Interment will follow in Sleepy Hollow Cemetery. COFFEY FUNERAL HOME 91 North Broadway, Tarrytown (914)631-0983

Published: Thursday, December 20th, 2001
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
Rosana

Post by Rosana »

Many thanks to all the people that are helping me here. I just got a picture of Mr. Tanzillo while he was serving here in Germany.
This might help, if anyone can recognize him in this picture.
Oma_Illi.jpg
Thanks,

Rosana
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.”
Leonardo da Vinci