Divorce Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
BeckyA
Rookie
Rookie

Divorce Records

Post by BeckyA »

Can anyone tell me where I might possibly get free records of the divorce of George Castello and Mary Amelia Ingersoll. They were divorced in 1869 or 1870 in Michigan or Ohio.

George Castello was born 15 Oct 1835 in Milan, Milano, Lombardia, Italy. He married in 1865 in Monroe, MI. He died 23 May 1917 in Saginaw, Michigan, and is buried in Brady Hill, Saginaw, MI. Mary Amelia Ingersoll was born 18 Aug 1848 in England, and died 22 Feb 1876 in Clio, MI. She was buried in Toledo, Ohio.

Since most of the records appear to be in Michigan I believe that is where they divorced even though they meet in Ohio. I have the 1860 census given to me by this group,showing both Mary Amelia Ingersoll and next to her George Castello living with the Geo Garrison family.

If anyone has a suggestion for getting the divorce I am hoping to find out more about George Castello. Thank you.

Father:
George Castello, Sr.

Mother:

Other Spouses:
Julia Anna Chrysler, Benton (b: 01 Sep 1854)
Marilla Bell, Woodruff

Wife:
Mary Amelia Ingersoll

Name:
Mary Amelia Ingersoll

Birth:
18 Aug 1848 in England

Death:
22 Feb 1876 in Clio, MI

Burial:
Toledo, Ohio

Father:

Mother:
Mary Ingersoll

Other Spouses:
George Castello (b: 15 Oct 1835)
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Divorce Records

Post by adelfio »

I have used Michigan vital records it cost but I have gotten records heres the website
http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-1 ... --,00.html

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Re: Divorce Records

Post by johnnyonthespot »

adelfio wrote:I have used Michigan vital records it cost but I have gotten records heres the website
http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-1 ... --,00.html

Marty
However their divorce records only go back as far as 1897. I think Becky is going to have a very hard time finding these regardless of cost...
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)