Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lawlpowe

Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi

Postby lawlpowe » 05 Sep 2011, 15:27

I'm attempting to trace the ancestry of Michael Angelo Gizzi from Picinisco, born in 1859 and who married a Nicolina Pagliaro.

I believe his father was Pio Giovanni Gizzi born in 1814 Picinsco again, and then Andrea Gizzi born approx. 1784?

Is anybody else connected to this family at all? I understand that there's a tree dating back to 1600? I've contacted a few people via email and have had no response yet...? I'm searching for a neighbour who doesn't have the internet, she's been told there's a connection to the Cardinal Tommaso Gizzi too?

She also has connections re. Deponeo/Apollinio from Vastogirardi in Italy who also have connections to the D'Amicone and the Pondas. Any help would be appreciated! :D

Lisa

stuartcapaldi
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Gizzi, Picinisco & Apollinio, Vastogirardi

Postby stuartcapaldi » 07 Sep 2011, 20:10

Hello Lisa

I have Michele Angelo Gizzi b 1859 as a distant relative in my family tree.

The following details all born in Picinisco

Pio Giovanni Gizzi b 1814
Andrea Gerardo Antonio Gizzi b 20 April 1784 San Giuseppe Picinisco
Loreto Pietro Martire Gizzi b 29 April 1748 San Giuseppe Married Benedetta Valente
Giovanni Pasquale Gizzi b 18 March 1699 married Donata Rossi
Giuseppe Gizzi 3 September 1661 married Rosalia Iaconneli.
Giovanni Gizzi b 10 Oct 1625 married Domenica Grilli
Benedetto Gizzi b circa 1600 married Genua di Placido
Domenico Gizzi b circa 1575

I do not have all the marriage details, as can be seen, if you can fill in the blanks it would be much appreciated.

Check my web site www.capaldi-clan.com to find some more general details etc.

Please confirm if this is the gizzi family you are looking for.

Thanks

Stuart
Stuart Capaldi

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Postby Italysearcher » 08 Sep 2011, 07:51

Picinisco records go back to 1545 or so. The records are missing the first marriage book but the index is complete with fathers' names' and year of marriage.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

lawlpowe

Postby lawlpowe » 08 Sep 2011, 15:48

Hi Stuart. I had only gone as far back as Andrea Gerardo Antonio Gizzi, but I believe he married a Fortuna Minchella. His son you mention, Pio Giovanni Gizzi married Maria Valenti. That is all the information extra to your own that I have

I was told by my neighbour that they were always told the Gizzis were related to the Cardinal Tommaso Pasquale Gizzi whose parents were Nicola Gizzi and Cecilia Ciavaglia but I haven't been able to find any evidence of this..

Thank you for linking me to your website as well, it's very informative :)

Italysearcher thanks for the information but this is the first research I've done in Italy and I'm based in North Wales, UK. Are there online databases so that I can expand the information I have to include siblings etc?

stuartcapaldi
Rookie
Rookie

Postby stuartcapaldi » 09 Sep 2011, 00:22

Lisa

I have no information on Links to Cardinal Gizzi.

I have Michele Angelo Gizzi as having a son Louis Gizzi b circa 1890 England

Then John Gizzi b circa 1915 England

Loreto Pietro Martire Gizzi had 9 children

Giovanni Pasquale Gizzi had 7 children

If you have any links or information on Domenico Gizzi who lived in Glasgow circa 1930s it would be helpful.

Thanks

Stuart
Stuart Capaldi

Gizzisarah

Postby Gizzisarah » 25 Jun 2012, 05:58

I have been doing researching the Gizzi side of my family and have been having trouble finding information on an Antonio Gizzi who was married to a Beatrix Campolini. They had seven children, two of which were girls. I have no other information on either of them. If anyone knows something I would love some help!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”