Miano and Calabro surnames

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Miano75

Miano and Calabro surnames

Postby Miano75 » 26 Oct 2004, 14:16

Anyone know of any Miano's and Calabro's from Sicilia in the Barcellona and Terme Vigliatore parts?

Miano75

Re: Miano and Calabro surnames

Postby Miano75 » 30 Nov 2004, 12:20

I guess no-one has any relatives by those surnames then?? Anyone anyone?

ptimber
Master
Master

Postby ptimber » 30 Nov 2004, 16:50

Go to www.google.com and insert the surnames one at a time and add the word genealogy in the title for anyone researching or has researched the name genealogically. Peter

drmiano

Postby drmiano » 21 Mar 2008, 17:01

It's been a while since you posted, but I've discovered that my own family, the Miano's, are originally from Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto in Sicily.

BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Postby BillieDeKid » 21 Mar 2008, 18:03

Thats great news. What kind of information did you get to help figure out where your family came from? Is there any information missing that you're still trying to find?

Again, congratulations.

Regards,
Elizabeth

drmiano

Postby drmiano » 13 Apr 2008, 04:51

I knew my great great grandfather came from Rizziconi, but when I found his father's marriage record, it stated that he was born in Centineo in Barcellona. So I started searching the Barcellona records and found his birth record. (I did this all through the LDS Family History Center in my area.) I've gone back as far as I can go in the civil records (1820), so now if I want to keep going, I have to search the church records. But I may have to go to Sicily to do that.

carubia
Master
Master

Postby carubia » 25 Jan 2011, 13:35

2 of my great-grandparents were from Barcellona P. G., including my bisnonno Antonino Calabro'. So we might be related, but Barcellona has the second highest number of Calabro''s in Italy, after Messina. It's also my home comune, and my mother is a Calabro', but neither of us has ever been there.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”