Onorato, Pulio, Racanelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
victoriaonorato

Onorato, Pulio, Racanelli

Postby victoriaonorato » 08 Sep 2011, 01:05

I need a little help from anyone who is a decendant of the Onorato, Pulio and Racanelli families. I also have the names of Accettura, Ancota, Ascata, D'Ambrosio and Rizzo. My families came from areas ranging from Calabria up to Bari. I have been researching all the above family names worldwide for over 30 years and I need a little help with filling in many blank areas to connect families. I am also looking for relatives I am not aware of yet. The Racanelli's came to Chicago but also stayed in NY and other states as well. My great grandfather was Luigi Pulio married to Petronilla D'Ambrosio. Luigi supposedly had 8 brothers that all came to America but I have not found one of them yet after all these years. I was told some of them did come to Chicago. Still searching. Problem is I was told the last name was misspelled from Pullio to Pulio and possibly even Puglio, so its been a difficult search. All the other names were obtained from information on great grandparents and gg grandparents.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Onorato, Pulio, Racanelli

Postby suanj » 08 Sep 2011, 17:58

the italian spelling,
I believe:
Puleo...
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 08 Sep 2011, 18:57

Welcome to the website
Is this your Luigi and are the dates right and parents right

Name:Louis Pulio Or Pulia
Death Date:27 May 1947
Death Place:Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Estimated Birth Year:1865
Birthplace:Casanova, Italy
Father:Dominico Pulio
Father's Birth Place:Casanova, Italy
Mother:Rose Aiscalta
Mother's Birth Place:Casanova, Italy
Residence:Chicago, Cook, Illinois
Spouse:Petronella
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.2/9FQ4-Q6D/p1

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

adelfio
Master
Master

Postby adelfio » 08 Sep 2011, 19:14

If the above is the right info for Luigi Pulio.
Have you gone through the records of Registri dello stato civile di Civitella Casanova (Pescara), 1809-1910 from Family History Library microfilms to find birth records for his brothers and sisters if Dominico and Rose are his mother you have a good start

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

Return to “Italian Genealogy”