Location of Relatives

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
patroner

Location of Relatives

Postby patroner » 14 Sep 2011, 20:41

Hi: I recently received a document from my cousin relative to our grandmother, Anna (Capone) Palumbo, who was born on May 3,1891 to Filomena (Muscio) and Leopoldo Capone (my great grandmother and grandfather) in Pietra Montecorvino, Italy. I never met them, but of course I knew my grandmother who was deceased in 1979. My wife and i will be visiting Italy in June 2012. I'd like to find some relatives, if possible, in my grandmother's community. Do you have any other information Where I might be able to pursue relatives there?

Raymond A. Patrone

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Location of Relatives

Postby Tessa78 » 15 Sep 2011, 20:10

Hello and welcome! :-)
Here are the Italian Phone book listings for Pietramontecorvino AND Castelnuovo della Daunia(an adjacent town) for the surnames you listed...

Palumbo
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... ntecorvino

Capone
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... ntecorvino

You also might write to the town hall in Pietramontecorvino (population about 2800) to inquire of the status of the family name...
Email link is also on this webpage...
http://en.comuni-italiani.it/071/039/

Official Comune of Pietramontecorvino website (may need to use a page translator)
There is a Virtual tour on the site...
http://www.pietramontecorvino.net/index.html

T.

pichu2001

Postby pichu2001 » 15 Sep 2011, 20:40

Do you know that Leopoldo parents are John Capone and Cipriana, and that Filomena parents are Luigi Muscio e Filomena?

patroner

Postby patroner » 16 Sep 2011, 23:21

I have my great grandfather's (Leopoldo Capone)death certificate. He died on May 3, 1929 in Cranston, R.I. The certificate lists Cipriano(?) with the question mark. Now your email clears up that information. I am aware (via the death certificate) that his father's name was John Capone (who would be my great great grandfather). I did not have the names of Filomena's (my great grandmother) parents Luigi Muscio and Filomena Muscio. Do you think there are still relatives in San Marco LaCatola? Are you a relative of mine?

pichu2001

Postby pichu2001 » 16 Sep 2011, 23:58

Maybe there are relatives live, but i don't know really.
I'm not your relative, sorry, only a noobish researcher xD.
P.S I found your grandma certificate in Familysearch.org, and now there's a lot of update.

1)Filomena Muscio born on 30 mar 1857 in Pietramontecorvino, Foggia Italy, daugher of Luigi Muscio and Maria Filomena Conza.

2)Luigi Muscio is born on 2 Apr 1837, and he married Maria Filomena Conza(1840) on 31 mar 1856, at Poggio Imperiale, Foggia. Luigi Muscio is son of Gennaro and Maria Carasillo, Maria Filomena is daughter of Giambattista Conza and Maria Giuseppa Apicella.

3)Seemed that Maria Filomena dead before 1859, because Luigi married again with Maria Consiglia Moffa, on 3 Mar 1859, now at PietramonteCorvino
They have three children:
. a) Raffaele, born on 14 aug 1865 and married on 15 aug 1904 in Manhattan with Vincenza Giancola.
I found 1910 Census of Raffaele. He lived at Manhattan Ward 9 with his parents-in law, Nicola Giancola(60y) and Libera Giancola(70y), his wife Vincenza(32), sister of his wife, Celia Giancola(25) and two children:
. . a)Celia Muscio(13)
. . b)Luigi Muscio(21)
. b) Gennaro, born on 12 may 1860
. c) Angela Maria, born on 15 nov 1861

4) Luigi has brothers, and they are:
. a) Raffaele born on 5 Jan 1839
. b) Maria Luigia born on 27 Dec 1835

5) Maybe i found a sister of Leopoldo.
Maria Filomena Capone, dau of Giovanni and Germana Cipriani, born on 1838, married on 18 jan 1858 Francesco Antonio Cardillo, in Poggio Imperiale, Foggia.

Maybe you can find descendents of Gennaro(1860) and Angela Maria(1861)...(If they married and have children)
That's all for now.
Andrea

Return to “Italian Genealogy”