Bustichi surname from Bigliolo, Province of Mass, Carrara, I

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sjfee

Bustichi surname from Bigliolo, Province of Mass, Carrara, I

Postby sjfee » 17 Sep 2011, 17:55

I am looking for the ancestry for my children's great grand father Armando Bustichi. His father was Flominio, or Flamino.....something like that. He married Ida SPEDIACCI and they relocated in San Francisco, CA after many years of living and working in the Santa Cruz, CA area. Armando's mothers surname was/is DURANTE. We would love information on this side of the family also. I have much information about his US roots but I would love some help with the Italian history and confirmation. I got the information regarding where he was born from his naturalization application so I am willing to say it is accurate, not the spelling however...that would be me and I am often wrong in spelling, feel free to correct me :D

Armando was born August 17, 1887, Ida was born in 1900. Both were born in Italy. Their marriage was arranged.

We know Ida Spediacci Bustichi had brothers in San Francisco and her father was Luigi, I do not know if her father ever relocated to the US or stayed in Italy. I also do not know if she and her family is from the same region in Italy but given the travel issues back then I would venture to guess that they are. Neither ever learned to speak the English language well and we had limited communication with them as children.

Any assistance would be appreciated, especially with the Durante line, we have NOTHING on that....not even a first name and no living family members we know to ask....living family yes, none we know.....or have a relationship with.

Ida and Armando had three children in San Francisco.....Gene (Eugene), Amilia and Harvey. They have no information to extend or assist in my search other than what I have offered here. Any help would be great.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Bustichi surname from Bigliolo, Province of Mass, Carrar

Postby Tessa78 » 17 Sep 2011, 18:19

sjfee wrote:I am looking for the ancestry for my children's great grand father Armando Bustichi. His father was Flominio, or Flamino.....something like that. He married Ida SPEDIACCI and they relocated in San Francisco, CA after many years of living and working in the Santa Cruz, CA area. Armando's mothers surname was/is DURANTE. We would love information on this side of the family also. I have much information about his US roots but I would love some help with the Italian history and confirmation. I got the information regarding where he was born from his naturalization application so I am willing to say it is accurate, not the spelling however...that would be me and I am often wrong in spelling, feel free to correct me :D

Armando was born August 17, 1887, Ida was born in 1900. Both were born in Italy. Their marriage was arranged.

Thank you all in advance for any assistance.

Bigliolo is a frazione (small village/hamlet) of the comune(town) of Aulla, in the Province of Massa-Carrara.

Your local LDS (Mormon) Family History Center has available for rent/view the Civil Registrations (births, marriages, and deaths) of the Comune of Aulla for the period 1808-1910.
http://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhl ... ulla+%28++

To find your nearest FHC, enter your zipcode at this site...
http://familysearch.org/eng/

T.

pink67
Master
Master

Re: Bustichi surname from Bigliolo, Province of Mass, Carrar

Postby pink67 » 17 Sep 2011, 20:51

We know Ida Spediacci Bustichi had brothers in San Francisco and her father was Luigi, I do not know if her father ever relocated to the US or stayed in Italy. I also do not know if she and her family is from the same region in Italy but given the travel issues back then I would venture to guess that they are.

From the 1923 arrival manifest for Ida you can see that she stated that her place of birth was Bigliolo...

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0028

page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0028

Laura

Return to “Italian Genealogy”