Sharing Records from Ferrandina, Stigliano, and Laurenzana

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Sharing Records from Ferrandina, Stigliano, and Laurenzana

Postby lcafarel » 23 Sep 2011, 00:24

Hi, everyone. I am researching several surnames and family lines in Matera, Basilicata, for my husband's family tree and am currently ordering and reviewing microfilms at my local Family History Center and taking photographs of relevant indexes and records. As many of you know, this is both expensive and time-consuming.

I have been grateful to connect with some other researchers who are building family trees based mainly in Accettura, and it has been enormously helpful to exchange information and records. I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there who is reviewing films for towns in Matera and might like to exchange records for Ferrandina and Stigliano.

I would also like to obtain images of any Indici Decennali for towns in Matera. These are sometimes included in miscellaneous microfilms (especially processetti, it seems) and not listed in the FHC catalogue as being on the film. I have a few of these for periods after 1865, but none for earlier years.

I am also interested in obtaining indexes and records for Laurenzana, Potenza, that precede 1866, at which point the records are available online.

Please send me a private message if you have any of these records that you are willing to share or are interested in collaborating.

For the record, I have so far discovered the following Matera surnames in my husband's direct line:

CAFARELLI (the only one we knew at the start), DIGILIO, DILORENZO, GALGANO, LACOVARA, MASTRONARDI, PEZZOLLA, ROMANO, RUSSO (or possibly ROSSI), SARUBBI, SURIANO

Surnames married to direct line siblings include:

AGNETA, ALIANO, AMATO, BASILE, BRIGLIA, DEGRANDIJ, DESIMINE, DILUIGI, FRATERA, GIAMMARINO, MARZANO, PELLICCIANO, PREZZANO, RINALDI, SANCHIRICO, SCALERA, SPAGNA, SUCCURTO

I look forward to hearing from other Basilicata (especially Matera) researchers. Thanks!

Lesley
lcafarel
Veteran
Veteran

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy