Unknown Soprano

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Unknown Soprano

Postby Amansolillo » 25 Sep 2011, 22:56

Hello. My great-grandmother was Elizabeth Fusco (nee DelBonis). She had two sisters, Teresa DiVona, and another sister whose name is unknown. It is known she married a Soprano, whose name is also unknown. They had two children, a daughter apparently named Rosetta, and an unknown-named son. I would appreciate any knowledge on the identities of these Sopranos. Thanks.
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Unknown Soprano

Postby Amansolillo » 28 Sep 2011, 22:29

Bump
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 05 May 2016, 23:27

I recently found that my great-grandmother's sister was Brigida DelBonis, and her husband was Antonio Soprano. Antonio immigrated to the United States around 1910 with his sister Rosalia Soprano. The ship manifest states that he left Brigida in Italy and that he and Rosalia were going to stay at the homes of Biaggio and Antonio DelBonis, their brothers-in-law. I can't find anything about Antonio Soprano after the 1910 census, and it appears Brigida may have died in Italy. Allegedly, according to a family tree on Ancestry.com, Antonio died in Brazil, but that information has no sources to validate this. Additionally, I am unsure whether Brigida and Antonio had children that came to America (if they even had any at all). I would appreciate any information that could help solve this mystery.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 06 May 2016, 02:26

Can you post the link to the 1910 manifest for Antonio Soprano and his sister Rosalia, please?

T.

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 06 May 2016, 18:09

Rosalia is on line 12 and Antonio is on line 13. Just to clarify, Biaggio DelBonis and Antonio DelBonis are Brigida's brothers. Antonio DelBonis's wife was Luigia Soprano, the sister of Antonio and Rosalia Soprano.

http://imgh.us/MAT843_121-0738.jpg
http://imgh.us/MAT843_121-0739.jpg

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 06 May 2016, 18:30

Amansolillo wrote:I recently found that my great-grandmother's sister was Brigida DelBonis, and her husband was Antonio Soprano. Antonio immigrated to the United States around 1910 with his sister Rosalia Soprano. The ship manifest states that he left Brigida in Italy and that he and Rosalia were going to stay at the homes of Biaggio and Antonio DelBonis, their brothers-in-law. I can't find anything about Antonio Soprano after the 1910 census, and it appears Brigida may have died in Italy. Allegedly, according to a family tree on Ancestry.com, Antonio died in Brazil, but that information has no sources to validate this. Additionally, I am unsure whether Brigida and Antonio had children that came to America (if they even had any at all). I would appreciate any information that could help solve this mystery.

Thank you for providing the ship manifest links.

To clarify:
On the manifest...
Line 12 - Rosalia Soprano, 18, single, was going to "brother Paolo at 1717 Cranston St., Providence"
Line 13 - Antonio Soprano, 32, married, was going to "brother-in-law Antonio De Bonis" at same address.
Line 14 - Francescopaolo Saccoccio, 18, single, was going to his "brother-in-law, Biagio De Bonis" at same address.

Francescopaolo's sister (line 3) Maria Saccoccio, was joining "her husband Biagio De Bonis, at 1717 Cranston..."

Have you made any searches for Antonio and Rosalia Soprano's brother, Paolo, after 1910?

I assume this is the 1910 Census you referenced...
Name: Antonio Soprano
Age in 1910: 35
Birth Year: abt 1875
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1910: Cranston Ward 4, Providence, Rhode Island
Street: Vewena Street
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1907
Relation to Head of House: Boarder
Marital Status: Married
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Native Tongue: Italian
Industry: Farm
Employer, Employee or Other: Wage Earner
Naturalization Status: Alien
Able to Read: No
Able to Write: No
Years Married: 2
Out of Work: N
Number of weeks out of work: 3
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Antonio Delbonis 37
Luigia Delbonis 32
Giovanni Delbonis 10
Giuseppe Delbonis 8
Filomena Delbonis 4
Rocco Delbonis 2
Giovanni Notarianni 35
Antonio Soprano 35
Paolo Soprano 25
Roslina Soprano 23
Carlo Delbonis 26
Mariannia Delbonis 20
Loretta Delbonis 1

EDIT TO ADD***

I have located a ship manifest for a possible brother of Antonio Soprano, which may place Antonio STILL in Providence in 1913...
Brother, Benedetto Soprano [line 4], arriving from Marseilles, France on the SS Germania, 1 June 1913.
Benedetto lists his place of birth as Itri, but his last permanent residence as Marseilles.
He leaves his wife Antoinetta (cannot read her surname) in Marseilles.
He is joining his brother Antonio Soprano at 1717 Cranston St., in Providence.

http://interactive.ancestry.com/8758/RI ... 188_5-0056

http://interactive.ancestry.com/8758/RI ... 188_5-0057

T.

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 06 May 2016, 22:01

I tried looking for both Antonio and Paolo Soprano beyond the 1910 census, but I haven't found any leads. According to a family tree I found on Ancestry.com, they also had a brother Pasquale Soprano and a sister Angelina Soprano. Rosalia died sometime in between 1916-1920 (she and her husband Vincenzo Soscia had a daughter in 1916 and by 1920, Vincenzo was remarried to Teresa Fusco). Allegedly, Antonio Soprano and Brigida DelBonis had a daughter named Rosetta and a son whose name is unknown. This information came from word of mouth, and I can't find anything to verify the existence of their children. Also, Benedetto Soprano's wife was Antonetta Lepizzera.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”