Antoscio/Martignetti/Mauriello

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Addamo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Antoscio/Martignetti/Mauriello

Post by Addamo »

Wow! This is amazing...who were your grandparents, if you don't mind me asking.
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

I happened to run across this post......I have a Giuseppe Mauriello born about 1891 in Montafalcione, no parents found. He was married to Carmella Yantosca, born about 1893 in "Italy". Her parents were Domenic and Theresa Sabatini. I don't know if this helps or not.
Grazie,

Dolores
Addamo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Addamo »

Wow! Thanks for posting. I have to look in my tree and investigate!!!
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

I know, out of the blue, right? :)
Grazie,

Dolores
Addamo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Addamo »

Finally was able to look at my tree regarding the Mauriellos in Montefalcione. The Giuseppe Mauriello in my family was born in 1890 and he married Angiola Martignetti. Interesting though is Angiolas' father was Patrick Martignetti who was married to Nancy Antoscio. Nancy's last name came from Angiola's death certificate here in the US, so the spelling of Nancy's last name is probably unreliable. I suspect these people knew each other! :wink:
dmurphy1940
Master
Master

Post by dmurphy1940 »

"my" Giuseppe Mauriello married Carmela Yantosca; I do not see any Martinetti(s), Addamo.
Grazie,

Dolores
Murphy

Post by Murphy »

Just found this board and posts by Addamo (by the way, I am not related to the d Murphy that has posted). Giuseppe Mauriello was my grandfather, Antonio's, brother..
Not sure why your husband's mother didn't remember him! The two families were extremely close. I'm pretty sure that we're talking about the same families..
Just to be sure, was your husband, Frank, named after his father and was his
Mother's name, Millie? I'm anxious to hear. I've been doing research on the family, as well. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Addamo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Addamo »

Yes! Same family!
Murphy

Post by Murphy »

Addamo,
Re: my post (Murphy)) May 2, 2017..
Haven't responded in a while because I had a problem accessing my account..
Long story, short... I'm here.. Just went through all the family pictures on line..
(Even saw my Aunt Julia, who lived out there with Uncle Dom for a while..
He was my grandfather Antonio's son) Anyway, Millie, Connie, Theresa, Lucky,
Pat, etc. looked exactly as I remembered them.. My Mom was out there a few
years back and stayed with Millie.. Nancy, I believe is the only living relative now.
Ask her daughters about my Mom and the Mauriello families. I'm sure Nancy and
Lois will remember a few stories.. 😊 When my sister was out there with a friend MANY YEARS AGO, I believe that your husband and his brother, Michael, showed them
around.. They, too, stayed at Millie's.. I ran across a terrific picture of Uncle Joe
and Aunt Sangelina (sp?) that I could share with you.. If I wasn't able to access this site again, I was going to try whitepages.com!! Please let me know when you receive this post.. Would love to hear from you..Have much more to share. 😊
Murphy

Post by Murphy »

ADDAMO,
So sorry... Just went back to photo site and saw Nancy's picture... I feel terrible..
Didn't know that she had passed.. My own Mom passed 2 years ago.. We used to keep up with the family when Millie and my Mom were alive.. I know she had spoken with
either Nancy or Lois before she had passed.. We knew Nancy wasn't able to
actually speak on the phone.. I, also, didn't know that Lucky's wife, Jo, had passed.
It's amazing how quickly life passes the older you get!!!! Anyway, would love a shout-out from you when you have a chance . My Best to all, "Cousin" Jane😊
Addamo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Addamo »

Hello! Sorry this has taken so long. I know how it is when you're eager to get a response! As you know this family is my husband Frank's family. He's on a trip right now, so when he get home tomorrow, I will give him the information. I'm sure he will be very happy!