ARCERI Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lochery

ARCERI Family

Post by lochery »

Carmeli Arceri and her son, Giorlano, and husband, Alberto Quenqua, came from Palermo to New York on August 18, 1886. After the ship arrival, I do not find them until 1900 living in New Orleans, Louisiana, saying they have no children. I find the child (Giorlano) in the 1910 census living next door, married to Katie, and his name is James O'Chery. Carmeli never told her son (or anyone else in the family) who his father was. I have been working on this for over 15 years, and am stuck! I would greatly appreciate any help or advice! Thank you!

Linda O'Chery
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: ARCERI Family

Post by brujaojos »

lochery wrote:Carmeli Arceri and her son, Giorlano, and husband, Alberto Quenqua, came from Palermo to New York on August 18, 1886. After the ship arrival, I do not find them until 1900 living in New Orleans, Louisiana, saying they have no children. I find the child (Giorlano) in the 1910 census living next door, married to Katie, and his name is James O'Chery. Carmeli never told her son (or anyone else in the family) who his father was. I have been working on this for over 15 years, and am stuck! I would greatly appreciate any help or advice! Thank you!

Linda O'Chery

Dear Linda,

Here is the death date for James O'Chery as well as information about his marriage. Maybe if you write to New Orleans Vital Records, you can find out who is father is. Maybe it's on one of the documents.

Hope this helps.
Trish

Name: James OChery
Death Date: 25 Dec 1943
Parish: Jefferson
Race: White
Volume: 51
Certificate: 10211
Title: Louisiana Statewide Death Indices 1940-1944

Name: James Ochery
Spouse: Catherine Tobler
Marriage Date: 16 Feb 1905