Help with Catto at Treviso province

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tmarin

Help with Catto at Treviso province

Post by tmarin »

Hello

This is my first post here. So let me introduce myself. I'm Tatiana from Brazil. I'm sorry for eventual mistakes with English. All my great-grandparents came from Italy or their parents did.

I'm glad that there is such a place to help us.

I have a lot of issues but lets start with Isidoro Catto. His parents and him are a mystery. The info I've got here is that he was born at Gorgo Al Monticano at June, 3th, 1876. But I discovered that this information is wrong. Last week FamilySearch made available online Gorgo Al Monticanos Civil Records microfilms. Isidoro's record is not there. At least not at that date or 1872/1873 years. There isn't microfilms for 1874. And so far I couldn't find in 1875/1876.

This is really an issue because I am not able to find out neither where nor when he was born. Isidoro's parents were Davidde and Regina Saran. Any data known about them. Isidoro was married in Brazil.

I guess that's it.
Thanks for any help.

Arrivederci

Tatiana Marin
tmarin

Re: Help with Catto at Treviso province

Post by tmarin »

I forgot to say that I've got an information on a genealogical center that holds immigrating data that Isidoro Catto might was born at Ponte di Piave. The Ufficio dello Stato Civile sent me an answer telling that the records from that time were destroyed on WWII. I've got no answer from any church.

Tatiana