PROFESIONAL ITALIAN RESEARCHER

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
trevisan2
Master
Master

PROFESIONAL ITALIAN RESEARCHER

Post by trevisan2 »

Italroots.com
I have been usinging this company for years with great success. Why be frustrated with writing letters, when the Coles can do the research with great results.
Trevisna2
Researching in the provincia di Treviso, Italy, Provaglio Sopra, Val Sabbia of Brescia.
Domege di Cadore, Cavalo, Fumane, Verona

Forno di Rivara, TO, Canischio, TO
trevisan2
Master
Master

Re: PROFESIONAL ITALIAN RESEARCHER

Post by trevisan2 »

trevisan2 wrote:Italroots.com
I have been usinging this company for years with great success. Why be frustrated with writing letters, when the Coles can do the research with great results.
Trevisna2
:roll:
ally
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ally »

I tried using the website you gave, but there is no such web address. Maybe you typed it wrong?

I tried also Italyroots.com, no luck. Let me know.

Thanks!!

Ally
brujaojos
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by brujaojos »

trevisan2 wrote:Italroots.com
Trevisna2
Hi Everyone,

My advice to you all is just be very careful when hiring a genealogist. Some just take your money and run. Some also charge outrageous fees.

I know all this because I am a genealogist and do it for a living. I also volunteer at my local Family History Center (aka-Latter Day Saints).

A good genealogist will give out advice for free, just like I have on this forum.

Have a good one.
Trish
www.wheretheacornfell.com
Smile for me!:)
Trish
Professional & Certified Genealogist
Where the Acorn Fell Genealogy Services
Genealogy-Forum
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

I think he means him:

TRAFFORD R. COLE, author of Italian Genealogical Records

http://expertgenealogy.com/?x=jmtc77

Very popular, trustworty and well known by people who have been doing Italian genealogy a long time.

I would use him.
ally
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ally »

Thanks, this was the site he was describing. Appreciate the info. i will be looking into using this service. thanks again.

Ally
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

They have a form to fill out, so you can get a price quote. I filled one out, since I am trying to get some info that I cant seem to get, any other way.

I was trying to find out how many children my great grandparents had, in total. You cant get this info from LDS records, since they are too recent (well, recent in the sence that they dont have these later dates). You cant write to the town..since, you need the names of the children.

So..I filled in the form to see what it would cost for me to have them get that info for me. So far, I got their automated response.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

You do not need a paid professional researcher if you have the time and are willing to make the enjoyable effort to locate your family back to the early 17th century. There are several "shoemakers" who populate this forum causing confusion. All you need is the correct website, addresses and translated form letters to obtain the information you want. it is only when there is no hope but to either travel or hire someone to finish off your research for you that it can be safely suggested to go that route. Peter
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

There is a time you might need a professional. Sometimes, there is information that you cant get any other way.

For instance.

The LSD has the records for my mother's family. However, these records arent recent enough for me to get the information I need.

I DID write to the town..and a crisp 10 dollar bill..got me "some" of the info..but what I want..there is no way to get..unless someone goes there and looks.

I am trying to get the names of all of the children of both my great grandparents. I know my mothers father had a sister..and i would bet money the two of them werent the only children.

The same goes for my mothers mother. I know she had 2 siblings..and I feel there may have been more.

Without their names..I have no way of finding this out..unless I hire someone to go look for me.

I DID try to get this info from the town..with no results.

I am aware of the stato di famiglia..but got nowhere requesting that, either.

BTW..I have been researching for over 12 years..and had some very good results with other branches..but, not with this one.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Did you ever try military records or provincial records which may exist at that lefvel? peter
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

No, I never tried for any military records..but, I did try provincial. There is no way I can get a list of children without their names. They wont do a search for you..they will only send you extracts or a copy if you send them a name.

I even went a step further..in the town. I was getting such great results with the 10 dollar bill (I was getting a reply back as fast as 2 weeks)..that i took a guess at a name..and a time frame and sent that to them with the 10 dollars. They must have caught on to what I was trying to do..and sent me back my 10.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Take a trip! Peter
mfjp
Master
Master

Post by mfjp »

I do not know if this is possible, but could you ask for a photo copy of the birth indexes for the years you are researching?? Only if it is a small town...
Eleven
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Eleven »

No..they wont do that.

I am thinking it may be possible that my grandfather was the 3rd son. First, because he is named for his saint day..and in almost every generation they seem to be using the naming tradition. Also because there was about 10 years or more between him and his sister. She was born the year after the marriage.

So...what I tried was..to take surname and add the first name that I thought the first son would have (if there was one). I then used the time period between the sister and my grandfather, as the possible birth date.

This had been after about 3-4 extracts had already been sent to me.

I think they caught on to what I was trying to do...and sent the money back..lol

Years prior to them sending me anything..many letters I sent there went unanswered, including one asking about the stato di famiglia.

I find it odd the the LDS has some towns until 1919 and not others. When I did my father in laws town..it has up until around 1919, I even got his birth record. And my fathers town had the records until 1919 or so added after I completed my research there. I never went back to copy or view them, because it was information I already had from living relatives, so didnt need it.

I keep checking the website to see if any additions to the town were added..but, it doesnt look like it was..unless they dont update the information on their site. I dont know if they update it yearly like the individual libraries do. My local LDS seemed to get a new cd yearly.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

for to know the brothers and sisters of an ancestor are possible to request in the Italian birth Common the"Certificato Storico di Famiglia" (Family story certificate) of ancestor's father.
In this certificate are: names of spouses (father and mother your ancestors) and all childs borns in the marriage; in some case also the emigration data...
Exemple: you want know the brothers and sisters ancestors name: XX YY.

You request the "Certificato Storico di Famiglia" of ....(name of XX YY's father)born in .... (name Common) the... (birthdate)..
suanj