Photographs

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
wabash

Photographs

Postby wabash » 25 Oct 2011, 14:51

I am waiting for copies of my grandparents Nat. papers from 1931 and 1924 is it possible their will be photos. Is their anyother place you can obtain photos if you have no relatives to get them from. I found my grandfathers grave their was a picture on it under glass but I live in Buffalo NY and after all these years sadly

acartia
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Photographs

Postby acartia » 25 Oct 2011, 15:56

Is the photo under the glass now damaged? I presume you do not live near the gravesite, but I would try and get someone to photograph that picture for you, if of course it is not badly damaged.If the photo was taken by a studio photographer it could have their studio name on the back, and many studio photographers keep their negs for a very long time. Not sure how you would get the photo out from behind the glass though! I do not know about US naturalisation documents,but on my fathers naturalisation papers in Australia, there sadly was no photograph. John

wabash

Postby wabash » 31 Oct 2011, 14:05

The picture was badly faded the weather in Buffalo NY had destroyed it. I guess I will have to be happy I found his grave. havent gotten his letter of intent or his Nat.papers yet still hopeing for a picture.

Thanks

Bette
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Bette » 31 Oct 2011, 22:29

On my grandmother's "Certificate of Citizenship" issued by The US Dept of Labor in 1932, there is her photograph. But, this document was in her own possession. I do not know if there would be a photograph on the documents you mentioned. However, it might be a good idea to mention the name of this person, whose photograph you seek. There may be someone out there who has his photograph.

wabash

Postby wabash » 05 Nov 2011, 00:46

Hi

Just recieved my grandfathers citizenship papers and their was a photo attached so happy this is the only photo our family has.

Angie

acartia
Rookie
Rookie

Postby acartia » 05 Nov 2011, 01:16

Angie, I am just so happy to hear that good news. Do you think you may also get a photo with your grandmothers certificates as well! Lets hope so. As I stated earlier, my fathers Australian Nat papers had no photo with it, and to make matters worse I think he must have had to hand in his Italian passport, when he became an Australian citizen. I am sure the Italian passport would have had a photo of him on it. So it was no win either way there for me, on having a younger photo of my father. Very happy about your result. John

Return to “Italian Genealogy”