Help finding Battista records for Dual Citizenship

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
anima87ag
Rookie
Rookie

Help finding Battista records for Dual Citizenship

Postby anima87ag » 15 Nov 2011, 15:05

Hello to all,

I hope you are able to view the history of this forum. Back in 2008, some of you found incredible data regarding my great grandparents. Now, years later I am in a position where I can finally have the time to collect all of the documents.

It is great to know that my great grandfather naturalized after my grandfather's birth which means that I am eligible.

To update, I have contacted NYC Archives to search for Raffaele Battista's marriage, death, and naturalization records. If there is another agency I can contact, please inform me. The letter to Sperlonga, Italy will be posted soon, but if there were anymore finding on the original birthplace, it could be helpful too although all signs point to Sperlonga.

DOB January 18, 1886
POB Sfalonga Italy (Sfalonga doesn't exist, perhaps the right spelling is Sperlonga - Latina Province - Lazio Region)

As far as my grandfather Pasquale Battista, my own mother doesn't seem to know his birthplace in NYC. So, please is someone could help locate this, it would be fantastic. Apart from that, the only thing I know how to search is through the NYS Dept. of Health.

Patsy BATTISTA
Birth Date: 23 Sep 1911
Death Date: Aug 1992
Social Security Number: 056-16-6202
State or Territory Where Number Was Issued: New York

Any further info about the above records would be wonderful as well as advice continuing with the dual citizenship process.

Grazie a tutti per voi aiutate.

Mille grazie! :D :D

anima87ag

adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Help finding Battista records for Dual Citizenship

Postby adelfio » 15 Nov 2011, 15:33

Have you tryed for a death certificate from New Rochelle I see he died there.Dont they hold there death records there instead of Westchester county NY Phone 914 654 2000 cost is $22.00 city clerk genealogy dept

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty

anima87ag
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Help finding Battista records for Dual Citizenship

Postby anima87ag » 17 Nov 2011, 17:52

Yes, thank you. I will take your advice on the death record. I just need to find out about Raffaele's death record and Patsy's birth record. I suppose the NYS Dept of Health would be useful?

Thanks again!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”