looking for grandad

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
griffr3

looking for grandad

Postby griffr3 » 24 Nov 2011, 21:16

Hi Please can anyone help ? I am searching for my Grandad who my Mum never met . He was an Italian Prisoner of war in world war 2. He was living in Kidderminster, Worcs. He worked at a factory near Mill lane. Mum was born December 1946. The only thing s I know is that he was called Luigi and his surname translated into English would be Stokes. He had cousins in London. I dont really know where/ how to start looking and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks Rach.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: looking for grandad

Postby Italysearcher » 26 Nov 2011, 13:55

Try emailing wolvarch.and.ls@dial.pipex.com its the Wolverhampton Archives.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

amerital43
Rookie
Rookie

Postby amerital43 » 29 Nov 2011, 15:03

Do you have a copy of Mum's birth certificate? It should list the name. Also where her mother (& father) may have been living at the time. To get a certificate:
Kidderminster Register Office
Council Offices
Bewdley Road
Kidderminster
Worcestershire
DY11 6RL

You could also check the churches of the area and see if she was baptised in any and whether father's name was put on any records. Because he was Italian and most likely Roman Catholic, be sure to check the Catholic churches also.

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Postby suanj » 29 Nov 2011, 15:27

griffr3 wrote:Hi Please can anyone help ? I am searching for my Grandad who my Mum never met . He was an Italian Prisoner of war in world war 2. He was living in Kidderminster, Worcs. He worked at a factory near Mill lane. Mum was born December 1946. The only thing s I know is that he was called Luigi and his surname translated into English would be Stokes. He had cousins in London. I dont really know where/ how to start looking and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks Rach.

Hi,,
you can write the italian surname of Luigi? I cannot understand it by "Stokes" translation.. because by my dictionary, it came up a verb...
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

Return to “Italian Genealogy”