Name changes, missing docs, long vs short form, translations

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
trinasignoriello
Rookie
Rookie

Name changes, missing docs, long vs short form, translations

Postby trinasignoriello » 02 Dec 2011, 03:18

1. Anyone have experience with changing a name on a birth certificate from Philadelphia??? My grandmother Elissa's first name was spelled ESISAFFETTA on her bc. Bizarre.

2. The marriage certificate of my Grandparents exists only at the church.... Anyone know if that will be acceptable? Or how should I go about having it added to the NYC registry??

3. Documents came from Pennsylvania but they don't seem like a long form. Though parents names are included.... What is the difference between long form and short form?

4. When docs are translated, does a certified letter have to be included to state the translation is valid? Also, anyone willing to share what one looks like? I speak Italian but don't know how technical they want the translations.

5. I am applying at the end of April in NYC and hope to be in Italy by August 1. (I am marrying an Italian citizen) Would I be able to pick up my passport from the Commune in Italy?

THANK YOU!!!

Trina

ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Name changes, missing docs, long vs short form, translat

Postby ricbru » 02 Dec 2011, 23:30

trinasignoriello wrote:1. Anyone have experience with changing a name on a birth certificate from Philadelphia??? My grandmother Elissa's first name was spelled ESISAFFETTA on her bc. Bizarre. Never heard anything like that before on a birth certificate, remember that her name has to be the same on birth, marriage, and death and on her child birth, marriage and death, not discrepancies are accepted

2. The marriage certificate of my Grandparents exists only at the church.... Anyone know if that will be acceptable? Or how should I go about having it added to the NYC registry?? Iif it exist only at Church it is fine, also provide a certified negative answer from the vitali statistics, so you can prove civil record office has not it

3. Documents came from Pennsylvania but they don't seem like a long form. Though parents names are included.... What is the difference between long form and short form? In the long form there are all and any infos, they need the long form because there for sure there are the names of parents

4. When docs are translated, does a certified letter have to be included to state the translation is valid? No it is not needed, remember that translation must be done properly and include all little details Also, anyone willing to share what one looks like? I speak Italian but don't know how technical they want the translations.

5. I am applying at the end of April in NYC and hope to be in Italy by August 1. (I am marrying an Italian citizen) Would I be able to pick up my passport from the Commune in Italy? Once you apply at italian consulate, and once your papers are filed at italian comune, you can go to Questura (Police station in Italy) to apply for italian passport, or you can apply for italian passport at italian consulate in USA

THANK YOU!!!

Trina

trinasignoriello
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Name changes, missing docs, long vs short form, translat

Postby trinasignoriello » 19 Dec 2011, 01:00

Grazie mille per la sua gentilezza....nessun'altro voleva rispondere! Buone feste!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”