Italian Birth and Marriage Certificates

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tafantasia

Italian Birth and Marriage Certificates

Post by tafantasia »

I'm applying for Italian dual citizenship, but I'm a bit unsure of how to go about getting my great-grandfather's birth and marriage certificates. I have his birthday and date of birth. His place of birth appears to be Squillani, Roccabascerana, Avellino, Campania, Italy. I'm not sure when they were married, and I'm not sure how to find the records. How do I find which comune to send the request to? Should I mail or e-mail a request? Do I need to mail money for them to mail me the forms?

Thanks!
Tiffany Fantasia
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Italian Birth and Marriage Certificates

Post by Tessa78 »

tafantasia wrote:I'm applying for Italian dual citizenship, but I'm a bit unsure of how to go about getting my great-grandfather's birth and marriage certificates. I have his birthday and date of birth. His place of birth appears to be Squillani, Roccabascerana, Avellino, Campania, Italy. I'm not sure when they were married, and I'm not sure how to find the records. How do I find which comune to send the request to? Should I mail or e-mail a request? Do I need to mail money for them to mail me the forms?

Thanks!
Tiffany Fantasia
Welcome Tiffany :-)

Where did you get the possible place of birth from?
We often start with records in US and work back...
Do you have a ship manifest? military or census records?
If you provide us with further details (approx year of birth, wife's name, names of children or siblings) maybe we can help you determine his EXACT place of birth. Then we can help you with the process of requesting the records. :-)

T.