Searching for my sister- Maria Rubelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Searching for my sister- Maria Rubelli

Post by gxk459 »

I am back-my brother is in Naples now trying to find our sister- my mother was forced to give her up back in February of 1948 -- she was not married and her mother forced her to give her up- I have a copy of the birth verification that she was born in Naples and then a letter receivee by my mother saying the child was taken to an orphanage. My brother has gone to several places and they are telling him there are privacy issues but my mother has passed away and he does have verification she was his mother - is there anything we can do or any other places to look-- he will be there for 10 more days,an Uncle that was around in 1948 says he remembers my Mama being sent away to Rome but the verification clearly states Napoli as birthplace her given name at birth was Maria Rubelli -if anyone can help -Please
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Searching for my sister- Maria Rubelli

Post by Italysearcher »

Usually only an 'interested' person can obtain the civil documents of someone still alive. 'Interested' would be the person themselves, or their parents. Just becasue she was born and even registered in Naples doesn't mean she wasn't taken to an orphange in Rome, although unlikely. The family may have said that to avoid anyone looking for her.
Can you present your mother's death certificate. Won't really help since the birth registration won't have any indication of her name or the father.
Have you tried just asking for a 'estratto di nascità'? It is only valid for 6 months and may contain information of any marriage.
You might also ask for a Stato di famiglia'.
One other suggestion. Contact Joe de Simone joeusa@tin.it. He has done lots of research in Naples and may have a contact that can help you.
Good Luck.
Ann
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gxk459 »

Thank you - I am e-mailing my brother now
gxk459
Rookie
Rookie

Post by gxk459 »

Thank you again- they keep telling him it is a privacy issue- I emailed joe but it came back saying undeliverable
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Check your private messagges for his cell number.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.