Searching for Paolo BENASSI

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
modene1

Searching for Paolo BENASSI

Postby modene1 » 21 Dec 2011, 22:52

What follows below is text only. I don't know how to show pictures on here but you can see the full article at http://widebergdiary.blogspot.com/p/paolo-benassi.html which includes the photo.

Back in 1966 my mother and non-biological father were travelling by ship from Sweden to New Zealand.

They were travelling on the Fairstar which was run by an Italian cruise company called Sitmar or in Italian - Societa Italiana Trasporti Marittimi.

On that voyage my mother had an "encounter" with a young purser whose name is Paolo Benassi. He is circled in the picture below. My mother is the woman 2nd from the end of the line.

This is unfortunately all the information I was given. However I have managed to trace Paolo's footsteps to a P&O Cruise office in Florida, USA where he worked for a while. Since that time I've lost trace of him.

I found a Facebook group for the Fairstar and asked about him there with little result.

From this crew list I tried to email/contact people who were sailing around the same time as Paolo, again with no success.

I have also checked genealogy sites and come unstuck either with money or language.

At one stage I did a massive internet search for people with this name and emailed them.

Being able to speak Italian might be of assistance. Being local possibly so as well.

Bear in mind that Paolo, if alive, would be about 65 now (written 2011) and that he most likely doesn't know of my existance.

P.S. My best guess at getting a result would be to get more information about him from the cruise companies crew records.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”