Sartor

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
goonergirl60

Sartor

Postby goonergirl60 » 27 Dec 2011, 01:46

Hello,
I am currently researching my grandfathers Sartor family from Cavasso Nuovo near Udine in Friuli region of Italy. I have got as far as my great grandparents Luigi Sartor (1868) born in Cavasso Nuovo & Luigia Mariotto (1873) born in nearby Orngese. I would like to find out where I may get more information on when they married & their parents, etc.
I have written on several occasions to the local records office with no reply & have looked on familysearch.org to see if there maybe records ther but again to no avail.
I hope that someone can point me in the right direction please as I am missing part of my family.
Many thanks. :?

suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Sartor

Postby suanj » 27 Dec 2011, 10:25

Hi, by Udine archive http://www.friulinprin.beniculturali.it/ita/WebAsud/
the military record abt:
SARTOR LUIGI
Nato nel 1868 a CAVASSO NUOVO da LUIGI e MARIUTTO GIOVANNA
( born in 1868 in Cavasso Nuovo, father: Luigi SARTOR ; mother: Giovanna MARIUTTO)
suanj
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

goonergirl60

Re: Sartor

Postby goonergirl60 » 27 Dec 2011, 23:30

Hi Suanj,
Many thanks for this information about Luigi Sartor (1868)& it seems that he carried his fathers name, who also married a Mariutto.
This link hopefully will be of help in tracing more members of the family (after translation).
Regards, Gill

Return to “Italian Genealogy”