Puma - Carlino Marriage, Racalmuto, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Puma - Carlino Marriage, Racalmuto, Sicily

Post by rp76226 »

Looking for the birth, marriage, and death records of Salvatore Puma and his wife, Maria Rosa Carlino. Salvatore Puma may also be known as Salvadore Di Puma. Both were likely born in the 1790s. Looking for their parents, siblings, grandparents, etc.. They had at least six children (Vincenza b.1809 or 1816, Gaetano b.1820, Calogero b.1826, Salvatrice b.1830, Maria Concetta b.1835, and Salvadore b.1837). They lived in Racalmuto, Agrigento, Sicily, Italy.
adelfio
Master
Master

Re: Puma - Carlino Marriage, Racalmuto, Sicily

Post by adelfio »

Have you tryed the Riveli di beni e anime, Racalmuto (Agrigento), 1593-1817 census for family info other wise you will have to go to the churchs for those records before 1821 in Racalmuto (Agrigento)

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
rp76226
Master
Master

Re: Puma - Carlino Marriage, Racalmuto, Sicily

Post by rp76226 »

I've had no success going to the churches. Not even sure which of the four Racalmuto churches were working in the 1790s. Have no idea about how to find census records. Since their last child was born in 1837, I'm hoping maybe that someone has their death records which should give their parents and ages at death. That would be new information. Ancestry.com has Racalmuto records from 1840 to 1865, but they are not recorded on "forms". It's just one line after another in a never ending paragraph. Way beyond my abilities to translate. At least with forms, I've translated a blank copy of each birth, marriage, and death record form using online translators and noted where the key names and dates are located on each form. I find new info quick when it's on a form.