Lorusso Brothers from Altamura, Bari, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
rp76226
Master
Master

Lorusso Brothers from Altamura, Bari, Italy

Postby rp76226 » 29 Dec 2011, 19:44

Trying to find the birth, marriage, and World War I Italian military records of my grandfather Evnagelista Lorusso and his two older brothers - Domenico, Vito (Vittorio?). My grandfather, Evangelista was born Sept 18, 1900 and died August 3, 1986, from Altamura, Bari, Italy. Their parents were Michele Lorusso born August 13, 1858 and Teresa Ninivaggi, born December 1, 1858. They were married on October 11, 1884. Domenico and Vito were wounded in WWI fighting for Italy against the Germans. One was shot in the arm; the other in the face. Evangelista emigrated to America, arriving on April 15, 1921 at Ellis Island. He married Maria Antonia Fariello on February 3, 1924. They had five daughters and I have complete records of his daughters and their descendants. I have nothing on his brothers, but their names and one picture showing one brother with my grandfather, who appears to be 4-5 years older than my grandfather.

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Lorusso Brothers from Altamura, Bari, Italy

Postby Italysearcher » 29 Dec 2011, 23:08

The civil records for Altamura have been filmed by the LDS and may be ordered and viewed at any of their family history centres. www.familysearch.org. click on library.
However they have been filmed together with the entire Province from what I see and from what I have heard are not easy to search.
Translations and tips can be found on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

rp76226
Master
Master

Re: Lorusso Brothers from Altamura, Bari, Italy

Postby rp76226 » 30 Dec 2011, 00:27

I've done the search with films from Altamura without luck on them. I did find their grandparents. I've never seen indexes, especially 10 year indexes of births, marriages, and deaths for Altamura. Those helped me a lot with Racalmuto, Sicily records for my paternal side. Any idea how to find these for Altamura?

Return to “Italian Genealogy”