Franchi, Fanchi, Fancke in Teglio, Lombardy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Franchi, Fanchi, Fancke in Teglio, Lombardy

Postby philbrin » 27 Nov 2004, 09:23

I am looking for the family of Domenico Fanchi who came to Australia in 1864 with his friend Domenico Lorensini. According to his marriage certificate Fanchi came from Teglio, Lombardy. He was born 5th August 1844 to Domenico Fanchi and Domenica Buttol who were married 23 February 1835, Euphemia. I love to hear from anyone who my be related.
researching Franchi, Fanche, Fancke surname Australia,Italy, Austria.
philbrin

Re: Franchi, Fanchi, Fancke in Teglio, Lombardy

Postby ptimber » 27 Nov 2004, 17:38

There are 16 Fanchi lised in the town of Teglio. Go to www.paginebianche.it and insert fanchi in the first line and teglio in the third line and click CERCA for the entire listing by full name,address and telephone number. You may wish to consider writing a single letter to all 16 listed with a self addresssed envelope and a dollar for stamps and ak them if they are related or know somethi ng. You may alsio wish to write in Italian or very simple english since english is the second languiage in Italy and taught in the schools. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Postby abown » 06 Jul 2006, 16:12

Hello, I am a descendant of Domonic Fancke - I have information regarding his marriage, life in Australia and his death & burial
Cyclops
abown

Postby philbrin » 09 Apr 2007, 08:52

Hi Thanks for replying to my mail that will be helpful.
I have beenvery busy with other branches of my family last year hence the late reply.
philbrin

Re: Franchi, Fanchi, Fancke in Teglio, Lombardy.

Postby philbrin » 09 Apr 2007, 09:06

I have since discovered that Domenico was the son of Domenico Fanchi and Domenica Buttolo, he was born on 5th August 1844.
His Parents were married at St Eufemia Church, Teglio, 23rd February 1835.
Domenico's grandparents were Bernardo Franco and Maria Bruni.
philbrin

Postby jwhitehead » 16 Mar 2011, 01:17

Hi,
I am a Great Great Granddaughter of Domenico Fanche.
My knowledge of the family tree is:
Domenico-the son of Bernardo Fance and Maria Bruni born 7/2/1804, died 12/7/1881 and Domenica - the daugher of Agostino Buttolo and Giovanna Mottalli born 30/1/1808, died 29/6/1882 were married at the church of St. Eufemia in Teglio on 23rd Feb 1835.

Domenico and Domenica had 10 children, the 7th child Domenico, born 5/8/1844, dield 7/9/1922 came to Australia on the Lord Raglan in April 1862. Domencio married Elizabeth Buckle at Ballarat Registry Office on 29th Sept. 1870.

Domenico and Elizabeth had 12 children. The third child Domenico (my Great Grandfather) was born 21/1/1880, died 16/7/1966. Domenico married Ethel Butler at Ferntree Gully in 1912. They had three daughters, Beatrice (known as Jessica), Joan and Ina.
jwhitehead

Postby boolarra fanckes » 04 Aug 2011, 10:40

I also am a descendant of Domenico and Domena Fanchi, my grandfather was George, 7th child of Domenico and Elizabeth. I would like to make contact to share information and photos. I live in South Gippsland, Victoria, about an hour from Boolarra. Liz.
boolarra fanckes

Postby glorensini » 19 Jun 2012, 14:57

Hi
I'm the Great granddaughter of Domenico Lorensini who left Teglio with his mate Domenico Fanchi and arrived in Melbourne in 1864.They walked from Teglio Italy to England and in Domenico lorensini's case to escape National Service.
They travelled to Ballarat and found employment at Green Hill. He was self employed much of the time cutting wood and charcoal burning with Domenico Fanchi at Italian Gully and Lucky Woman's among other places. Charcoal was in much demand by blacksmiths and the gold mining industry. they both moved to Scotsburn and continued to burn charcoal They became friends with the Buckle family and in 1870 married 2 of their daughters Eiizabeth became Mrs. Fanchi and Sarah became Mrs. Lorensini. Sarah and Domenico had 9 children.
Domenico Fanchi took up 20 acres of land in 1870 adjacent to that of Arnold Buckle (his father-in law)In 1898 the Fanchi Family moved to Boolara Gippsland. Domenico and Sarah Lorensini moved to farm on the southern side of Mt. Buninyong. Today the farm is operated by his Great Grandchildren.
Domenico and Sarah's 6th child was John Lorensini(my grandfather) born 1887 died 1969.
John married Myrtle Rose Smith and had 1 daughter Myrtle(known as Bon) and 4 sons William, Allan, Owen and Geoffry My father Owen was the 3rd son.
glorensini

Postby phyllys » 29 Oct 2012, 06:18

Hi I am interested in making contact. We may have already been in contact. I am Phyllys in Western Australia grandaughter of Mary Francke/Fancke/Fanchi. We do have uite a bit of information however i would like to compare notes. regards Phyllys
phyllys

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Italian Genealogy