Girolomo Gentili

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Woodworth
Rookie
Rookie

Girolomo Gentili

Post by Woodworth »

I am looking for information on how to find out where my grandfather was born in Italy. He came to the UK about the 1880's as far as I can gather he was born in Italy about 1865 and lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire. I can find him on the 1901 UK census when he says he was born in Italy, but there is no reference to his place of birth. all my older family are dead, my sisters know nothing about him. He died in Chester in 1929. There must be some information in the UK which documents him, but I am at a loss where to look. I asked my Grandmother where he was born and she said Pigeonisco we have tried Picinisco in the Frosinone area but no luck> PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN
mfjp
Master
Master

Re: Girolomo Gentili

Post by mfjp »

PONTE BUGGIANESE (Pistoia)?...

I did find a Gentili doing a manifest search
First Name: Fraiano
Last Name: Gentili
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Buggianese
Date of Arrival: February 27, 1893
Age at Arrival:  38y    Gender:  M    Marital Status:    
Ship of Travel: Kaiser Wilhelm II
Port of Departure: Genoa & Gibraltar
Manifest Line Number: 0459

I dont know... Buggianese ...Pigeonesco.. .

Did you try the Locations in Italy database on this website? Doing a sounds like search may help...
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Girolomo Gentili

Post by suanj »

Woodworth wrote:I am looking for information on how to find out where my grandfather was born in Italy. He came to the UK about the 1880's as far as I can gather he was born in Italy about 1865 and lived in Yorkshire, Chester and Shropshire. I can find him on the 1901 UK census when he says he was born in Italy, but there is no reference to his place of birth. all my older family are dead, my sisters know nothing about him. He died in Chester in 1929. There must be some information in the UK which documents him, but I am at a loss where to look. I asked my Grandmother where he was born and she said Pigeonisco we have tried Picinisco in the Frosinone area but no luck> PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN
Hi:
"On the marriage certificate i have it has Joseph D'Ponio marrying Maria Gentili (gentile) in Chester in 1912 there was a C Mazzoni on the certificate as a witness. Her father was Giroloramo Gentile*, and his wife was Annie. She had several sisters, some where born in Dewsbury like her, and others in Chester, Cheshire.
*Girolamo Gentile by http://genforum.genealogy.com/gentile/messages/64.html
In Picinisco currently are not Gentile/Gentili, but are Gentile/Gentili in all Frosinone province.. Hoping that 1865 year is max aproximative birth year of Girolamo, you can send an email to Picinisco Common for an search in birth registry Birth Office= Ufficio Anagrafe mailto: annatullio@libero.it
or/also comune@comune.picinisco.fr.it

-------------
Spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe
Comune di Picinisco (FR)
Italia

Oggetto: Richiesta accertamento anagrafico di Gentile/Gentili Girolamo classe 1865 circa nato a Picinisco (FR).

Spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe,
mi chiamo..... (your name) e sono cittadina inglese di origini italiana, discendente di Gentile/Gentili Girolamo classe 1865/1867 circa nato a Picinisco (FR).

Con la presente la sottoscritta cortesemente richiede a codesto spett.le Ufficio Anagrafe che si possa ricercare se il suddetto Gentile/Gentili Girolamo classe 1865 risulti iscritto tra i nati nel Comune di Picinisco (FR).
In attesa di riscontro alla presente ai sensi della L.241/90, è gradita l'occasione per porgere i più distinti saluti,
..........your name
..........your complete and exact address
...........your mailto

--------------------
regards, suanj