Lachinna , Buono, Vincenzo, Cimino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JoeVol

Lachinna , Buono, Vincenzo, Cimino

Postby JoeVol » 08 Jan 2012, 21:36

Looking for great grandparents birth, christening, marriage and death records|
Guiseppi Buono and Angela Maria Lappaciano (Buono)
Eustacchio Vincenzo Cimino and Nicoletti Chiara (Cimino)
1825-1900
Possibly Matera Italy or other Southern Regions.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Lachinna , Buono, Vincenzo, Cimino

Postby Tessa78 » 09 Jan 2012, 18:33

Hello JoeVol :-)

We'll have to narrow down the exact town of birth/death/marriage before we can search for records...

Can you provide a few more details?
Did they immigrate to the US? If yes, where did they settle and approx. what year did they arrive?

We usually start with later records and work backwards.

ANY details you can provide (names of siblings, children, occupation, etc.) will help.

T.

JoeVol

Postby JoeVol » 15 Jan 2012, 23:08

I have sibling information....Eustacchio Vincenzo Cimino of whom I inquired was the husband of Nicoletti Chiara Cimino of whom I also inquired. They were the parents of my grandfather Tobia Francesco Paolo Cimino who immigrated to the states in 1913 at the age of 24 (09/02/1889). Tobia had a brother, Giovanni (05/25/1900) who never immigrated but went to war for the Italian army sometime between 1913 and 1917. Giovanni went on to marry Anna Ligurgo (born 10/23/1902).
I know about Tobia and Giovanni as well as their descendants, but nothing other than names of their parents (my great grandparents).

Additionally I had inquired about Lachinna and Buono. Angela Maria Lapacciana (my great grandmother) was married to Guiseppe Buono (my great grandfather) and had a daughter by the name of Maria Eustachia Buono (my grandmother). While I know of my grandmother who was born in 03/19/1887 and she immigrated to the states in 1917, I know nothing other than names of my great grandparents. I also know nothing of my grandmother's siblings or their descendants.

I know that my grandparents were born in Matera from their wedding records. So again while I know more about the Cimino name from my grandparents forward, I know nothing of my great grandparents or descendants of the other surnames. Help will be greatly appreciated.

Tessa78
Master
Master

Postby Tessa78 » 16 Jan 2012, 15:46

JoeVol wrote:I have sibling information....Eustacchio Vincenzo Cimino of whom I inquired was the husband of Nicoletti Chiara Cimino of whom I also inquired. They were the parents of my grandfather Tobia Francesco Paolo Cimino who immigrated to the states in 1913 at the age of 24 (09/02/1889). Tobia had a brother, Giovanni (05/25/1900) who never immigrated but went to war for the Italian army sometime between 1913 and 1917. Giovanni went on to marry Anna Ligurgo (born 10/23/1902).
I know about Tobia and Giovanni as well as their descendants, but nothing other than names of their parents (my great grandparents).

Additionally I had inquired about Lachinna and Buono. Angela Maria Lapacciana (my great grandmother) was married to Guiseppe Buono (my great grandfather) and had a daughter by the name of Maria Eustachia Buono (my grandmother). While I know of my grandmother who was born in 03/19/1887 and she immigrated to the states in 1917, I know nothing other than names of my great grandparents. I also know nothing of my grandmother's siblings or their descendants.

I know that my grandparents were born in Matera from their wedding records. So again while I know more about the Cimino name from my grandparents forward, I know nothing of my great grandparents or descendants of the other surnames. Help will be greatly appreciated.

There are a couple of things you can do :-)

Your local LDS Family History Center has available for rent and view, the microfilmed civil registrations (nati=births; morti=deaths; matrimoni=marriages) for Matera, Matera, Italy, from 1809 - 1929...
http://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhl ... Matera+2++
You can find your nearest Family History Center by entering your zip code at this site...
http://familysearch.org/eng/

You can write directly to the Comune of Matera to request the birth record of your grandfather Tobia Francesco Paolo Cimino since you know his date of birth. You can get information about his parents from his birth record and then you will be able to request their records as well.

Address:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Matera
Via Aldo
75100 Matera (MT)
ITALY

Help with letters of request in Italian
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... talrecords
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

T.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”