Luigi Battista and Zelinda/Angelina Sormanti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Luigi Battista and Zelinda/Angelina Sormanti

Postby Amansolillo » 21 Jan 2012, 04:44

I am seeking information of Luigi Battista and Zelinda/Angelina (apparent inconsistency with the first name in records) Sormanti. Luigi was born on 8 November 1880 in Ceprano and Angelina was born 1888 presumably in Ceprano as well. Angelina was the daughter of Luigi Sormanti. Luigi and Angelina lived in Rhode Island and had a child named either Rafael or Rafaela on 21 May 1916. The child died 5 days after and was buried with Angelina's older brother Francesco Sormanti. I want help finding Angelina's death record, but I can't seem to find it. I would appreciate anyone's help.
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Luigi Battista and Zelinda/Angelina Sormanti

Postby Italysearcher » 21 Jan 2012, 11:55

Angelina died in America, I presume? Sometimes Italian citizens reported the death to the Consulate who, in turn, notified the the town of origin.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.wordpress.com
ANNOYING THE SAINTS - Stories of my Life in Italy. http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-b ... ly/7731505

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 21 Jan 2012, 16:34

I assume Angelina died in America because her older brother did.
Last names of interest: Mansolillo, Morena, Grasso, Montecalvo, Fusco, Sinapi, DelBonis, Grossi, Sormanti, Cocuzzoli, Simonelli, Bevilacqua, Uccello, Cultrera, Pesaturo, Fragola

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 22 Jan 2012, 02:39

Angelina immigrated to RI in 1914 and is present in the 1920 and 1930 censuses

Amansolillo
Veteran
Veteran

Postby Amansolillo » 23 Jan 2012, 01:31

Luigi Sormanti is listed in Francesco Sormanti's death certificate as being his father.

Return to “Italian Genealogy”