How to request a correction on ITALIAN document

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
jfalduti

How to request a correction on ITALIAN document

Postby jfalduti » 26 Jan 2012, 09:25

After being unsure about the Italian BC I received from italiandualcitizenship.com, and not having gotten a response for positivo/negativo from the comune, I found my GGF's birth record through the Family History Center.

One of the things I found questionable on the BC was his father's name: His father's name was Domenico, yet the BC I received from the comune said his father's name was Giuseppe. I found this odd because my GGF's name was Giuseppe, and as we well know, they did not name the sons after the fathers.

So here's the crazy part- In the birth record itself, it DOES list Giuseppe as being his father's name. It also lists him as being 46 years old, which is pretty old to be having a kid back then. Yet on the left column where it just gives the names of the child and parents, it clearly says "Giuseppe Falduto di Domenico, e Domenica Cullari".

Also, in the Index of births for that year, he is listed, with the matching ordine (89), and it says his father's name is Domenico.

So I did a little math, since the age was strange, and his father's father's name was Giuseppe, and was born in 1835- which would have made him 46 when my GGF was born. So is it possible his GF "presented himself" to the register to record the birth, and somehow his name got put down as the father by mistake?

But now I need to have this corrected in Italy. They already have the correct father's name in two places, so it's not like they'd just be taking my word for it. But I have no clue how to ask for this.

I have tried to attach a copy of his record so you can see what I'm talking about but the board quota has been reached. I also have a scan of the index which lists him and his father as Domenico.

liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: How to request a correction on ITALIAN document

Postby liviomoreno » 26 Jan 2012, 12:49

jfalduti wrote:After being unsure about the Italian BC I received from italiandualcitizenship.com, and not having gotten a response for positivo/negativo from the comune, I found my GGF's birth record through the Family History Center.

One of the things I found questionable on the BC was his father's name: His father's name was Domenico, yet the BC I received from the comune said his father's name was Giuseppe. I found this odd because my GGF's name was Giuseppe, and as we well know, they did not name the sons after the fathers.

So here's the crazy part- In the birth record itself, it DOES list Giuseppe as being his father's name. It also lists him as being 46 years old, which is pretty old to be having a kid back then. Yet on the left column where it just gives the names of the child and parents, it clearly says "Giuseppe Falduto di Domenico, e Domenica Cullari".

Also, in the Index of births for that year, he is listed, with the matching ordine (89), and it says his father's name is Domenico.

So I did a little math, since the age was strange, and his father's father's name was Giuseppe, and was born in 1835- which would have made him 46 when my GGF was born. So is it possible his GF "presented himself" to the register to record the birth, and somehow his name got put down as the father by mistake?

But now I need to have this corrected in Italy. They already have the correct father's name in two places, so it's not like they'd just be taking my word for it. But I have no clue how to ask for this.

I have tried to attach a copy of his record so you can see what I'm talking about but the board quota has been reached. I also have a scan of the index which lists him and his father as Domenico.

You may use a Hosting System such as Imageshack or Photobucket or Flickr or Picasa

jfalduti

Re: How to request a correction on ITALIAN document

Postby jfalduti » 26 Jan 2012, 18:16

Thank you!

Here is a copy of the record. It is the record at the bottom.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/scans2g.jpg

Joey

Return to “Italian Genealogy”