Vitale/Fuoco/DelDuca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
SVitale724

Vitale/Fuoco/DelDuca

Post by SVitale724 »

Hello,

I am looking for any information on the following family surnames - Vitale, Fuoco and DelDuca.

My Grandfather Emanuele emigrated from Rocca d' Evandro (Province of Caserta - Region of Campania). He came to Canada from Italy and then onto Johnston, Rhode Island to board with my Grandmother Rose (His future wife) family, The Fuocos.

Emanuele was born in 1889. My great- grandparents were Augustino and Justine nicknamed Elena. I do not know her maiden name.

My Great-grandparents on my grandmothers side were Giovannbattista Fuoco and Fiorendina DelDuca. I know that Giovannbattista came over to America through Ellis Island with my Great grandmother and his 3 brothers - Andino, Guiseppe and ?.

I am looking to connect with relatives and put the pieces of the puzzle together and hopefully help other relations with their searches.

Thank you so much!
Sharon Vitale

I also know that we may have distant relations to The Dizazzo family as my Uncle Pat was a paisan of our family and lived with my family when he first emigrated here.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Vitale/Fuoco/DelDuca

Post by pink67 »

My Grandfather Emanuele emigrated from Rocca d' Evandro (Province of Caserta - Region of Campania). He came to Canada from Italy and then onto Johnston, Rhode Island to board with my Grandmother Rose (His future wife) family, The Fuocos.
Hi Sharon,

just in the case that you don't have it, from the site Ancestry.com the 1913 arrival manifest (from Italy) for Emanuele Vitale:

Atlantic Ports Passenger Lists, 1820-1873 and 1893-1959

Name: Emmanuel Vitale
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
Birthplace: Rocca D Evand, Italy
Ethnic Background: Italian
Arrival Date: 16 Jun 1913
Port of arrival: Providence, Rhode Island
Port of departure: Naples, Italy
Ship Name: Venezia
Friend's Name: Antonio Vitale
Last Residence: Italy
Place of Origin: Italy

Emanuele was 24 years old, single, place of birth and last residence in Italy Rocca D'Evandro, he was leaving there his father Agostino ; he was joining his brother Antonio Vitale in Providence

page 1:
http://postimage.org/image/9m1vst5b5/

page 2:
http://postimage.org/image/prznp41sd/

Laura
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Vitale/Fuoco/DelDuca

Post by Italysearcher »

What luck! All the records for Rocca D'Evandro are on microfilm. Go to your nearest Family History Centre, order the films and search them for everything you wnat to know. www.familysearch.org click on Library.
There are translations of the records and tips on how to search the films on my website.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.