Dusina

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
blueigal

Dusina

Post by blueigal »

Does anyone know anything about my family name? My great grandfather James Dusina came over from Italy but I have not been able to find out anything about the time before he came to America.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Dusina

Post by suanj »

blueigal wrote:Does anyone know anything about my family name? My great grandfather James Dusina came over from Italy but I have not been able to find out anything about the time before he came to America.
Hi: here are an Giacomo(James) Dusina age 19 in 1903
http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2709030439&
coming from ONO DEGNO village; currently this small village are an fraction of Pertica Bassa Common(Brescia province/Lombardia region)
------suanj
blueigal

Post by blueigal »

Thank you so much, suanj. From the link you sent me i was able to see the ship manifest. I think the name under his was his brother but I can't make out his name. Thanks so much!I am really trying to learn about my ancestors and i am even trying to learn italian.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

blueigal wrote:Thank you so much, suanj. From the link you sent me i was able to see the ship manifest. I think the name under his was his brother but I can't make out his name. Thanks so much!I am really trying to learn about my ancestors and i am even trying to learn italian.
Hi: Giacomo (age 19) and BORTOLO brother (age 22) joining from Pietro brother in Pittsburg... Pietro came in Pittsburg in Mars 1903 http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 2615170255& and joining from Antonio Renani(?) friend....
regards, suanj