Just starting out need help on a Del Giudice line

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Dach
Rookie
Rookie

Just starting out need help on a Del Giudice line

Postby Dach » 03 Feb 2012, 07:07

I am new to all of this and am needing some help. I have the name on a death certificate As Bonfiglio Del Giudice, when I put that into ancestry.com it brought up a Paul Del Giudice and on a petition for citizenship it states he was born in fontecckio Italy Feb 3 1873. His wife name is Lucia Rosta they were married march 9 1893 in fontecckio Italy and she was born there as well. They had the following children Anthony 7/1/1895 in fontecckio, domenic 10/22/1901 fontecckio, Ameico 11/14/1902 fontecckio John 3/9/1906 differdingen luxemberge and Kathryn 11/2/1908 in luxemberge as well. What would be my next step to finding birth certificates, or other records to find out the previous generation? I am really interested in finding the birth certificates for the parents and americo. Thank you for any information you can give me.

Paolo47
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Just starting out need help on a Del Giudice line

Postby Paolo47 » 03 Feb 2012, 13:46

Dach, :D
Welcome and congrats for beginning your research.
The Family History center has many civil records on film to rent for Fontecchio
http://tinyurl.com/89pw6tv
Locate a center near you,
https://familysearch.org/locations

And good luck,
Paul
Researching Ruggiero, Caputo, Viola, Priore and many more at Our Family Genealogy.

Dach
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dach » 03 Feb 2012, 19:01

Thank-you Paul for the help, I see you are researching Viola as well, That is another one I need to research as well. On a death certificate for the grandmothers side it listed her as born in Italy and Died in Los Angeles with her father as Carmelo Viola and Mother as Josephina Nicosia. I'm not sure if these are the given Birth names on the Del Giudice side I noticed their names changed when the came to the US. Thanks again I will be going to a family history soon :)

ViolaLegacy

Postby ViolaLegacy » 25 Mar 2012, 01:19

Hello!
I was linked to this place, when someone was helping me research a mystery man who is a relative of mine who was in the Royal Italian Navy.

I have a grandmother with the name Ana Maria Viola (1916- I believe 2003). Her mothers name was Josephina Nicosia and her fathers name was Carmelo Viola.

All three of them migrated from Sicily, Italy. My grandmother came to America... I believe May 1947.

I am her granddaughter Anna A. Viola. Her son Was named John Robert Viola(my father 1953-2008) And my aunts name is Rosalia Viola. All three of us were born in America.

Why are you researching my family? If you have anymore information perhaps we can piece both of them together...I was able to obtain some more information regarding the family names 'Lamonico' and 'Viola'.

If you like to see some of my family please follow this link. http://annasaviolentdragon.deviantart.c ... y/33122287

Dach
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Dach » 11 Apr 2012, 17:13

I have been working on our family history, and this line has been the hardest because I have no contact with anyone from this line and I havent been able to reasearch much of the italian records. I have been working backwards from a few certificates I was able to find. I found a death certificate for what would be my husbands Grandmother Teresa Marie Del Giudice born in 1914 and it listed her born in Italy and fathers name Carmelo Viola and mother Josephina Nicosia. If this sounds like it is your line send me your email in a private message so we can talk more. thanks!

Return to “Italian Genealogy”